New Engine

ncmf

I have bought a new engine on that auction site.

Does anyone have an estimate of how long to fit?

Defender

I guess that's going to depend on who's doing it, where they're doing it and what experience they have and what tools they have available?

I remember changing the engine and gearbox for an upgraded one in a car I had many years ago, the physical swap was quite quick, but it was all the little things that took the time and waiting for the additional parts I needed.

• Like 1
larryblag

What Engine? for What Bike? What Happened?  :cry:

V12 to replace the straight six in a 1972 Jaguar XJS - dropped a valve?

DaveM59

Two days if an expert with all the tools and a bike lift is doing it, maybe three if he is meticulous and there are no missing bits or other problems to sort along the way. Of course a professional doesn't dedicate the whole day to one job, he has to stop to answer the phone, do MOT's, collect and deliver other bikes so probably much longer.

If I were doing it then it would probably take me a week working evenings and weekends but I would clean and fettle everything in the process and get side tracked doing other things while I was at it, but it's surprising how long fettling little problems takes

Edited by DaveM59
  • Like 1
Guest bonekicker

Never presume anything??  :baby:

My Day one of car mechanic apprenticeship was helping--by helping I mean brewing up and sweeping up whilst the mechanic was doing exactly the same--to almost the same model Jaguar--- I didn't stay very long at that job --because the pay was only £2.50 of which I had to tip out to Mum--no arguing about it  :baby: