Knocking noise

Guest Weazol

Guest Weazol

Morning all. I would like to know. When I pull away I have a knocking noise and as the speed picks up it dissapears. What can it be? Chain and sprocket, ;ube on chain? Please If anyone can help

Tonyj

Rear wheel bearing made this noise on my nc . It was quite a solid knock as well , this is just an option . Mine didn't make a noise at stand still only has I pulled away .

We would need a lot more information, really. What model is it? How many miles (km) has it done? Who has been servicing it? What have you checked so far?

Straight off the top of my head, I would say 'examine the rear chain for tight spot(s)'..

Guest Weazol

Gents

I have done just over 26 000 km now.  Bike was serviced with Honda its regular intervals.  It is a 2014 750X manual model.

DaveM59

With the engine off get someone fit to push you from a standstill and see if the noise is still there, as loud and maybe without engine noise you or they can tell where it's coming from.

If you do this off road you won't need to wear a helmet so it may be a lot easier to detect.

If the noise is gone then maybe it's engine/gearbox in which case it may be a dealer problem to sort out.