Bit of a faff

Guest FENNER

Guest FENNER

Got an endless DID X Ring chain and sprocket set coming tomorrow, so decided to strip the NCX's swing arm out tonight in preparation ….. oh how I wish I had a centre stand now !!

On the side stand with a jack under the bottom of the shock mount, seems quite stable, and hopefully I can move the swing arm enough to get the chain out and back in once I pull the pivot pin …. eek.

20160801_202547.jpg

Tony

You seem to have the situation under control, matey. I'm a massive fan of centre stands and would have paid extra for one, had it not been included on the Integra.

• Like 1
Tonyj

I didn't get one on my x but I do regret not bothering .

embee

Fully agree about centre stands.

At least doing it this way you'll be able to grease all the bearings. Just be careful about the stability of the bike!

• Like 1
Guest FENNER

It would have been so much easier with a centre stand, but I'm working round it like us "home mechanics" have to !! Actually, I worried a bit about easing the back wheel clear of the floor with a jack but it is surprisingly stable. I use a paddock stand for rear wheel removal normally so just didn't ever get round to sorting a stand, regretting it now though as in this situation the paddock stand can't be used. Just hope my new parts arrive today.

Tony

bazza

It would have been so much easier with a centre stand, but I'm working round it like us "home mechanics" have to !! Actually, I worried a bit about easing the back wheel clear of the floor with a jack but it is surprisingly stable. I use a paddock stand for rear wheel removal normally so just didn't ever get round to sorting a stand, regretting it now though as in this situation the paddock stand can't be used. Just hope my new parts arrive today.

Tony

how about the other way? if you have  beam ,rope the bike UP so it cant fall down / over? just a precaution

• Like 1

Get a couple of local children and offer them 'pocket money' to help you. Lie them down, one each side of your bike.

It won't stop it falling over, but it'll cushion the landing. :D

• Like 2
Guest FENNER

Beam and rope to hang the dopey tw*t that sent me a chain that needs riveting ….. after having specifically ordered an endless one and even having a conversation with him saying that I was aware I had to remove the swing arm to fit it  ……… GRRRRRRRR

Not amused 

Tony

Edited by FENNER

FFS! :(