Suspension : 2012 NC700X Vs 2016 NC750X

iaink

I have an early 2012 NC700X.

The one issue I have with it is the suspension.

I was wondering if anyone could give a direct comparison between the suspension on the 2 models and did they find the 2016 model a big improvement ?

I think I need to arrange a test ride on the latest model to see if it is any improvement.

I tried a search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

I rode the new 750x a while back and I did notice an improvement over my 750X 2015. 

Guest dentonlad

I have an early 2012 NC700X.

The one issue I have with it is the suspension.

I was wondering if anyone could give a direct comparison between the suspension on the 2 models and did they find the 2016 model a big improvement ?

I think I need to arrange a test ride on the latest model to see if it is any improvement.

I tried a search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

Have a word with Mike5100 or search his numerous threads on the 2016 model.

Guest marekm

I have the 2016 NC750X and find the suspension the worst of all the bikes I have had to date (23), except the cruisers :(

Hyperpro kit (front and rear springs) is on the way :)

Mike5100

It depends what you want. IMHO Honda have listened to what most people wanted and firmed up the suspension on the 2016 bike to be more sports bike ish.  I never found the old suspension too wallowy or soft and I thought it complemented the DCT perfectly keeping the bike settled in bumpy corners and making for a great relaxed ride on A and B roads.  If you want to thrash the 2016 bike on back roads  then I guess it's better but I don't.  And the new suspension has made the handlebars jiggly which has made it all but impossible to ride it slowly on rough tracks.

I swapped bikes with a Versys rider yesterday and realised that the 2016 NC is almost as bad as my Versys was, and very very tiring.  For various domestic reasons I haven't yet got round to attempting to correct the problem.  But I am hopeful that with the right fork oil the new suspension can be returned to how I like it.

Mike

Guest marekm

Mike, I agree with every word :)

Making a 40.3 kW commuter "more sporty" was a pretty stupid move by Honda. 

Edited by marekm

Thanks for the replies.

I like the bike and it is as fast as I need it to be but there are times when you could do with a bit more power but generally it is fine.

I think it was Huskyteer who described the ride like being on a pogo stick which sums it up really and it does get very tiring especially on a long trip. This does depend on the surface condition of the road you are on but other bikes seem to deal with this better.

• Like 1
Swissheavy

I came from learning on a 700S to buying and riding a 2016 750X. It's only been a few days but the ride feels smoother.

In all honesty Im not in a position to compare bike to bike because i have only had two proper bikes having ridden vespas for thirty years in the past until I bought the Honda deavillve before the NC 750X  and this bike seems to be the best bike I have ever ridden.

I did however test ride the new one a while back and did notice that it seemed more planted when ridden hard, but that was pushing it and I only did that that see what it would be like......................I very occasionally push the the one I have and I have noticed it does struggle holding its line but then I ease off and all is well.