8000/12 month

kayz1

Service done today at ColwynBay Motorcycles....all good at £143 both filters changed...was given a page from the check list, pretty little pictures of the bike and parts there of all ticked and labeled with tyre tred depths  chain slack measurement must be a new thing from Honda..

Lyn.

Guest SpinyBiker

Hmmm, interesting. I am coming up to this service and having looked in the manual it would seem that an oil change, oil filter change (NO clutch filter change required for this service!) And crankcase breather clean is all required.

Might do it myself given I bought it second hand and will save some serious pennies. Wonder why they changed both filters on yours??

Unless both need changing on an X and not S. But can't think why?

Edited by SpinyBiker

No check list or pictures for me 2 weeks ago, just a bill for £180 and only the one filter.........a classic rip-off.

Maybe he means oil and air filters? Rather than both oil filters?

Maybe he means oil and air filters? Rather than both oil filters?

Possibly, but no air filter for me though, in fact, the more I look at my bill and my bike the more I think I got just a oil and filter change and a stamp in the book.

How Honda manage to approve 1.68 hrs to the job I do not know.

Maybe because the 8,000 mile service used to include a valve check? I don't know, just guessing. I feel for you, nothing hurts worse than the thought of being ripped off. OK, that's not true, catching your wife screwing your best friend would be worse (obviously) but you know what I mean..

Rocker66

Maybe because the 8,000 mile service used to include a valve check? I don't know, just guessing. I feel for you, nothing hurts worse than the thought of being ripped off. OK, that's not true, catching your wife screwing your best friend would be worse (obviously) but you know what I mean..

100% agree as best friends are hard to come by :)

• Like 1

***Wonder why they changed both filters on yours***

I asked for both to be changed, if the motor has two why not change them together.

I have never had an issue with the DCT gear changes on any of the three i have had

could the filter changes be helping!

Lyn.

Edited by kayz1
Guest SpinyBiker

***Wonder why they changed both filters on yours***

I asked for both to be changed, if the motor has two why not change them together.

I have never had an issue with the DCT gear changes on any of the three i have had

could the filter changes be helping!

Lyn.

Well that explains why they changed both then. Edited by SpinyBiker