What panels to remove for throttle cable play?

SteveThackery

SteveThackery

Colleagues!

I'm a newbie to the group and to the NC, having just collected my new NC750X DCT.

The ridiculous amount of play in the throttle cable is driving me nuts, and I've just got to do something about it.  Can anyone tell me which panels I need to remove to get to the adjuster?  And the order of removal?

Many thanks, 

Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. Do it at the handle bar end. No dismantling required! :)

• Like 1
SteveThackery

Hey, Tex!

I didn't know you could do it at the handlebar end.  From the twist grip are two bent tubes, each of which is threaded into the twistgrip body and provided with a locknut.

So presumably I must remove the twistgrip from the handlebar (in order to give me plenty of slack), and then give the bent tube one or more turns anticlockwise?

SteveThackery

Aargghh!  I'm an idiot!  I've just spotted the other adjuster, hidden inside that rubber tube.  All sorted out now.

Thanks again, Tex.

Guest bonekicker

Steve--If you knew it can be adjusted at the handle bar end--like Simon says--You would not have asked--so don't be annoyed with yourself--if in any doubt ---always ask   :console:

Glad you got it sorted out, Steve. The guys here are all pretty friendly and enjoy helping each other out. There are no 'silly questions' but, I must confess, there are the occasional silly answers..

It's a good forum and I'm sure we all look forward to hearing of your adventures with the new bike. :)

SteveThackery

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!