nc750 xde

Guest jethroe

Anything is possible if you want to do it badly enough. You're going to need a cross shaft, but it will definitely need some fabrication skills, including, most probably, welding.

bikerbampi

I seem to remember seeing pics of such a conversion on a 700X DCT some time ago.  As I remember a Silverwing brake lever was used and associated pipe work. :thumbsup:

Edited by bikerbampi
stephenmcg

I personally do not think this is a good idea. You may forget, or someone rides bike and pull lh lever like a clutch. It would be some emergency stop. Just my 2p worth. Smcg in Glasgow

You could buy the Integra left hand assy, the hose should be reaching across I would imagine. Is this swapping front brake to the left or moving foot brake to the handle bar?

Guest Monty1952

Certainly not really doable or even desirable on 2016 NC750X DCT with handbrake lever. I honestly gave it a great deal of thought coming from 2 scooters (Forza and BMW C600 Sport) but soon realized it was a big job if it could be done. What's your reason for wanting these?

Me through, are you talking about the footbrake or a brake lever on the left handlebar.

Both are possible but I suggest you contact these organisations for advice.

http://disabledmotorcycleriders.com/

www.nabd.org.uk

http://www.disabilitymotorcycleaids.com

I'm certain they have done something similar before.

I personally do not think this is a good idea. You may forget, or someone rides bike and pull lh lever like a clutch. It would be some emergency stop. Just my 2p worth. Smcg in Glasgow

+1

I seem to remember seeing pics of such a conversion on a 700X DCT some time ago.  As I remember a Silverwing brake lever was used and associated pipe work. :thumbsup:

Check the other NC forum (sorry links are disabled / not allowed). I recall somebody actually doing this mod.

bikerbampi

I don't see the problem here, because it is just the same set up as a scooter. I ride a Triumph Bonneville on fine days with a foot operated rear brake, and a Honda Forza 125 with hand operated rear brake on other days. No emergency stops here! Unless they are needed of course.

Edited by bikerbampi