Dealer service .....advice, please

Jeffprince

Jeffprince

Bought a pre-registered 2015 750x 2 weeks ago, nil miles on the clock. Got the dealer to throw in the first service. As the pre-registering was in November, the first annual service will be around the same time as the 600 mile service. Now the question.....would the annual service cover the 600 mile service requirements? Or do I need to have both done, to cover warranty?

I know it's best to ask the dealer, but thought some expert opinions from you folk would be useful (dealers tend to look at things like this from a financial perspective).

Cheers.

Howdy doody, I would say that the 600 service would be covered by the main service, but I'm only guessing.

Someone else will be along shortly who knows.

Grumpy old man

Well are they going to change the oil and filter twice?

The 'annual' service is 12 months from the last one. So, if you have the first service done in (say) October 2016 your next one won't be due until Oct 2017. Or, sooner than that if you're doing more miles (obviously).

Take your 'free' service and worry about next year's one - next year. Enjoy.

Edited by Tex

If you didn't make the 600 miles or close to it before 1 year of use you will probably do only the annual service and the next service will be at 8000 miles or 1 year later, what comes first. Also ask the dealer, you did say that you had 0 miles, so probably your 1 year will be September 2017.

But probably the best is, just go and ride and get the 600 miles on the clock, I did them in the first 2 weeks :)

Edited by arengle

The 600 mile one shouldn't be confused with the annual ones and also shouldn't be done before the mileage has been covered. In the case of the 600 mile service the date of first registration is irrelevant, what matters is that you have done the mileage or even a little more, and put the bike through it's paces to bed in. Once the oil and filters are replaced no further wear should take place so make sure it is fully run in before this.

The 12 month or 8000 mile services then follow from this point.

Guest dcordeiro

Just had my 1000K (with 1700km on it really due to week long tour) service and picked her up today.

Cost:

Labor - 0.8h - 22.65€

Parts - 64.38€

VAT - 20.02€

Total - 107,5 €

Honda dealer told me to clean and oil/lube chain at least 500Km in 500Km (not 800/1000Km)

Edited by dcordeiro