Photo of NC750X (2014) Fork internals

djsb

Just thought I'd post an photo of the fork internals for anyone interested. I've stripped mine down so I can get the stanchions rechromed (and straightened) and then get them sent to Maxton for an upgrade. This post serves as a reference for them as well in case they need to know what parts are inside the forks

Image 1

and here is a photo of the end of the fork stanchion.

image 2

I will post some dimensions later.

David.

PS Can't post images until my donation has cleared and then I can post to the gallery.

Edited by djsb
  • Like 1
I'll try again.

Just thought I'd post an photo of the fork internals for anyone interested. I've stripped mine down so I can get the stanchions rechromed (and straightened) and then get them sent to Maxton for an upgrade. This post serves as a reference for them as well in case they need to know what parts are inside the forks

NC750X FORK INTERNALS

and here is a photo of the end of the fork stanchion.

NC750X FORK STANCHION END

Dimensions of the parts available on request.

HTH.

• Like 3

Hi. What is the length of the main spring? 395mm? And width? 35mm?

Thx

Fork cap height:17.50mm

Spacing washer:1.57mm thick, inner dia 26mm outer dia 35.3mm

Spring spacer tube: 150mm long, Dia 34mm

Spring Dia:35mm Length:395mm (measured with a retractable steel rule so may be out by 1mm or so)

Damper Rod inner dia:17.05mm inner dia:19.9mm

Damper rod dia top (wide part that holds the plastic ring): Inner 28.06mm, Outer 34.35mm

Damper rod length:235mm

Stanchion outer dia: 41.05mm, Inner 37.3mm

Mike5100

David,

Could you measure the thickness of the wire used to make the spring (should be around 4.8mm),

Thanks Mike

Joeyjoejnr

Thanks djsb.  Nice information for future work

Mike5100

Thanks - to all intents and purposes the spring is the same unless people think the extra loose wound coil or two will make a big difference?

Mike

• 5 years later...
KingJames

Bumping this back to life if @djsb is still around

My fork chrome is starting to come off, more so on one side.

I was looking at what can be done about it, I found these and then this thread.  https://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/fork-stanchion-fork-tubes/paolo-tarozzi-fork-stanchions/honda-nc750x-paolo-tarozzi-fork-stanchion-14

Was a re-chrome cheaper than replacing the stanchion?  I'm not after altering the suspension as it is fine for what I use the bike for but I am keen to have a plan on what to do about the chrome coming off.

Slowboy
58 minutes ago, KingJames said:

Bumping this back to life if @djsb is still around

My fork chrome is starting to come off, more so on one side.

I was looking at what can be done about it, I found these and then this thread.  https://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/fork-stanchion-fork-tubes/paolo-tarozzi-fork-stanchions/honda-nc750x-paolo-tarozzi-fork-stanchion-14

Was a re-chrome cheaper than replacing the stanchion?  I'm not after altering the suspension as it is fine for what I use the bike for but I am keen to have a plan on what to do about the chrome coming off.

I’d recommend these people, they do an outstanding job, but you will be without the bike for the duration of the fix. Their workmanship has always been first class in my experience.

https://www.pittedforks.co.uk/

KingJames

Thanks.  Will give them a shout

I had my fork stanchions rechromed at AM Philpots in Luton (the same pittedforks place). It's a while ago, so I can't remember how much it cost me. I had them done mainly as they could be checked for straitness, and I had my forks in pieces anyway in order to get them fitted with cartridges at Maxton suspension. If I can find out how much it cost, I will update later.

Edited by djsb
  • Thanks 1
DCTPaul

Had a pair of Yamaha FZR1000 Exup Stantions checked and re-chromed by A M Philpots some 20 odd years ago... so they have been around a while and know their onions.

The stantions had to go back for a groove to be re-machined in for a circlip type wire that went under the handlebar mounting isolation bush... not ya normal bar and top yoke set up... apart from that a great job.

Edited by DCTPaul