Integra 2013 service

Guest rumath

Hello!

I own an Integra from 2013. Bought it this year, it had only 3000 km on it. It has done the 1000 km service, and a service before i purchased it in june. ( I recon only oil change) It has now gone around 6000 km.

Here's the questions:

I'm putting it away on winter storage at a local dealer, and wonder how much i should ask him to do with the bike while he has it.

Oil change and filter? I think so. (Should be done yearly anyways right?)

Gearbox oil? When should it be done?

Brake fluid? What's the intervals?

Tyres? It's obviously not worn out, but next year, they are 4 years old. Maybe it's time to put on new shoes? Dunlop roadsmart 3 maybe?

Radiator fluid? What's the intervals?

I new to motorcycles, and won't do anything myself.

Hope for help among the community to not get screwed at the dealer. :) I'm not rich, so hopefully i don't need to do everything. But safety first!

Regards.

Rune

trisaki

Personally - oil change - brake fluid and coolant normally every 2 to 3 years but won't hurt to do more frequently gearbox oil and engine oil are the same keep battery charged

• Like 1
Guest sykospain

Rune: you're very lucky to be able to overwinter your bike at a local bike mechanic's garage.  Knowing how cold your country is in the coming months, I hope the place is well-ventilated / heated to reduce the effects of metal corrosion.

Ask the guy to change the oil and filters, ( both of them if it's a DCT ) even if they've only recently been changed ( you might not be sure of that ) and get him to check the brake fluid for nice clear transparent liquid.  Any sign of darkened colour when you watch him lift the lid on the handlebar reservoir box, change the fluid.

Check the brake pads for wear, easily observed by looking at the calipers and decide if they need replacing - at 6K Km, I doubt it.

Try and get him to store the bike on its centre stand with the front wheel also raised a bit from the ground.  That helps the tires. Again, at 6K Km, I bet they're fine.

If he's really conscientious he should put a dab of grease at cable-nipple junctions front and rear.  Make sure the handbrake is NOT applied !

Many people suggest unhooking the negative pole of the battery - a pretty good idea for a long lay-up.

IF it were mine I would give it a good dusting with AC50 or similar corrosion-protection fluid that contains lanolin.  Applied lightly at vulnerable points. NOT brake disks ! !

Then next Spring you can fire her up and whizz around happily.

They do a smal check on the bike, wash it, keep it dry, and charge the battery trough winter. It´s a dct bike, guess it¨s time to change gearbox oil as well then.

Nice with the response guys. :) Thanx alot.

Hi Rumath,

As it was said before by trisaki, there is no specific gearbox oil, there is only one oil "tank" for both engine and DCT. My Integra will reach 12.000 km soon so I will change oil  of course and both engine and DCT oil filters. I don't have the driver's manual at sight for filters replacement frequency but as the cost of these filters is very low I will replace them at each oil change, peace of mind ...

It's always a good idea to change oil before laying an engine up, used oil can have undesirable contamination, and in the big scheme of things it costs little. Obviously it depends on how "used" the old oil is, less than 2000km or so then I'd suggest don't bother.

Yes, as said above, the engine and gearbox share the same oil.

When I lay up bikes for winter (softie) the biggest issue I have is condensation because of my garages and the type of weather we get here in the UK. This means using something like ACF50 to protect against moisture. In many ways if it gets a lot colder for long periods it's less of a problem, just keep the battery fully charged at all times, lead-acid batteries don't like being stored without being fully charged.