Power required for Sat Nav

Guest Massey

Hi,

I have recently bought a motorcycle Sat Nav. It will require a USB port to power it, so what is the preferred method of supply it on the NC? I should also highlight that my NC750S DCT has been modified to move the rear brake pedal to where the clutch lever would normally be, so along with the handbrake on the handlebars already, there is limited space in this area once a sat nav has been mounted.

Thanks & Regards,

Massey

Mikdent

I use a car satnav in a waterproof case designed for bikes, a little doctoring of the attached mounting bracket allowed me to mount it in the centre of the bars and it's powered via an OEM socket in the frunk.

Hope that helps.

There are various threads on the forum that summarise ways of installing power sockets in the frunk. I fitted one with a usb socket following the fitting suggestions made by one of the forum members (Fred's good idea - credit to him) and its worked well ever since, for phone charging and the powering up of other usb items....could try that.

Have a check on that site number 390662618749, to get more room on the handlebars you could take off the top bit that has the Honda wing on, that holds the bars on, and fit two single bits that hold the handlebars tight if you want 2 I have some spare, size are 7/8 inch, and fit the sat nav in the middle.

Englishman

Search the forum for the power supply options - lots of good advice within

Guest sykospain

Electrical and electronics expert member Fred Briggs's solution is without doubt the best....

Freds%20Frunk%20Box%20Front%20View_zpsgd

You modify the frunk's inside removeable cover to incorporate a 12V cig-lighter socket, a twin-USB socket and even a Voltmeter !

Freds%20Frunk%20Box%20Rear%20View_zps9hb

It's a fab conversion, very convenient and offers various connection options. And all the bits needed are listed in this attached file, a PDF:-

Freds Frunk Power Panel Parts List and Assembly Notes.pdf

Edited by sykospain