ECU reset

nc750xuk

Just a quick question. Does the bike need to be stone cold before you do an ECU reset?

Thanks in advance

Well, assuming it does actually do anything, which I have yet to see real evidence but we'll assume it does, the ECU needs to experience the full warm up process going from start, after-start, open loop, closed loop, correction during warm-up and final stabilised correction for fuelling when hot (at fan switch on). It can then adjust the offset (if this is how it does it)  of the base map in order to centralise the feedback (assuming that's the objective).

I'd guess that unless the full process is experienced the ECU will not recognise it as a reset exercise. This may of course all be nonsense and it does absolutely nothing.

If anyone knows different, please post.

I've done it, and it certainly doesn't have any negative consequences, so I'm happy to suggest it is tried.

The DCT clutch initialisation process definitely works, but that's a different issue entirely.

I have a 2016 750x manual box. I have changed the exhaust silencer back to the original stubby Honda unit ( long story). Will it need the ECU re set sequence done as it now has this OE end can fitted. If I refit the aftermarket one at some stage will it need resetting again?. Also is the re set sequence posted on here under a different thread. Many thanks .