NC750S Fuel Issues or bad fuel economy?

Guest japanfan

3 hours ago, Tau said:

Just bought a used 2016 750x DCT about 20,000 miles. Use to get to work in London traffic and generally run around town occasionally, the bike economic petrol consumption was a big part of choosing it! But I’m getting on average 52-53 mpg! Driving in D. I just plod around in general.

Very disappointing! Why is there such a difference in the reported mpg?

Many of us get over 75/80mpg so Honda's figures seem reasonable.

When I take mine into town/London I tend to use S1 or 2 as I think D is for me too 'sluggy', maybe this is causing you an issue in that the bike isn't running in the most economical rev range. Alternatively have the plugs checked and see if you're running rich and if so get to the bottom of why, perhaps the Oxygen sensor isn't working correctly.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tex

• PoppetM

• Reckless

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You high mpg guys - do you get flies splattered on the back of your helmets?

Fair enough. So, by the sound of it, we're both stuck with what we 'need' rather than what we 'want'?   'Other fine bikes'? Oh yes! Never been a better time to be a rider. Such a huge choice

I got 6 months when I flashed :0)

Steve Case

Maybe it the shit from the big shitty getting dragged thru the engine and making it run rich...

Fill the tank up and do a lap of the M25, then see what MPG you have.

On 31/10/2016 at 08:59, japanfan said:

Thanks for the replies Andy and Tex! My suspicion was that was that others would be getting a better mpg than me. I guess I'll phone the dealer back :( 

As to how I've worked it out, well firstly the dash display states my average as 57 mpg. But I've also done a rough calculation based on the mileage readings between fills. I got about 140 miles from a full tank before the reserve bar started flashing. I think the reserve starts to go when I get down to 4L of fuel left, so that would be 140 miles on 10 L. A bit of conversion on that gives me 63.5 mpg (is that right? My maths isn't great :D)

I get exactly the same miles(kms) from a full tank to when the reserve starts flashing. I thought it was a bit low as well, but I ride in Sport 1 all the time on my DCT.