Wheel bearing seals-OEM or generic?

djsb

I need to buy 4 seals for the front and rear wheels on my NC750X. The OEM part number is 91252-mc4-013 and the size is 28mm x 47.2mm x 7mm which I assume refers to the inside diameter, the outside diameter and the thickness respectively. When I look on a generic suppliers website there are only available sizes 28mm x 47mm x 7mm. Is the 0.2 mm difference in the outside diameter anything to worry about?Also what does it mean when the springs are referd to as R21/SC or R23/TC. Also seals are available with Nitrile or Viton rubber and with single or double lips and there is also a mention of a garter. I don't really want to pay Honda's prices if I can get just as good a seal from elsewhere. Can someone enlighten me as to what all the options mean and which one I should go for keeping in mind the problems with the bearing wearing out prematurely. Thanks.

My recommendation is: OEM.

My experience with aftermarket seals is less than stellar.  Once, when replacing fork seals with aftermarket units the fork "stiction," was so intense it was akin to replacing the springs with heavier units.  So while I enjoyed the 50% pricing discount at  first, I had to buy the factory pieces anyway to restore proper operation of the forks.