Rubbery smell

Guest ocb1961

trisaki

Burnt on road muck most likely - there is another  posting on here about  this have a search 

I notice a musty / burning smell sometimes on the integra and I put it down to water condensing either on the engine or radiator as I only notice it when it has been raining or damp.

I also noticed a damp musty  smell. It was me .

My Mrs made me throw my old Belstaff waxed cotton jacket away she said It ponged like a Labrador that's been in a duck pond. I loved that waxed jacket I had it years. It did whiff a bit as I never washed it just rewaxed it once a year. Never let water in mind .:fear:

My 750x has the same hot rubber smell after commuting in the damp etc. Nothing to worry about IMO

A lot of the dirt on the road is rubber from tyres. When wet it gets thrown up onto the exhaust and sticks due to the water, hence burning/boiling rubber smell. It's especially noticeable after a dry spell while the rubber dust builds up on the road, then first wet day and it really whiffs. You can often find it's more noticeable in towns at traffic lights, junctions, roundabouts etc, all the stop/starts increases the tyre wear.