Front caliper pad spring location

Guest Bob

OK, so a little bit of simple routine servicing going a bit wrong, only a little, but kind of critical. Took the front caliper off yesterday to clean it and, once clean, to replace the pads. Nothing major, except that the pad spring fell off before I noted where it locates (that dreaded tinkling noise of something falling to the floor!) and now I can't seem to find the right position for it. Let alone one where it wouldn't fall out again once the caliper is bolted back on.

For clarification, it's item 5 on here.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces-honda-detail-71540-71540-NC750XDE-2014-F_10-NC+750+X+ABS+DCT.html

Cheers in advance for any help

Bob

Bob, if I had the calliper in my hand it would be no problem.

I reckon a photo is the easiest way to see it.

If no body else comes up with the answer before I get home, I'll take one and post it for you.

Needless to say, as soon as I posted this i sussed out where it goes!

One further question though, the inboard OEM pad has a metal and rubber spacer behind it, which I've put back on the replacement pad, but i does mean that everything is a very tight fit in there. Any reason for this 'cos I've never seen one before on any of my other bikes; which might just be because I've never had a new bike before...

Must be said, this calipot arrangement is the easiest pad change arrangement I've done.If it wasn't for the need to give it a good clean it'd have been a genuine 10 minute job.