Mirrors

dannybegood

dannybegood

Ok took mirrors off to put hand guards however put mirrors back on and due to washer they now all skewif.

need to loosen mirrors with a spanner, know that but did it and they now just swing free when the nuts are tight. Do I need to do theses in any specific Order, one is lock nut I imagine, which one? Any tips?

ps DIY rating, imbecile, so please make it simple, fitting the hand things was stressful enough!!

• Like 2
Mikdent

Sorry can't help but am wondering why did the mirrors have to come off to fit handguards?

dannybegood
25 minutes ago, Mikdent said:

Sorry can't help but am wondering why did the mirrors have to come off to fit handguards?

There is a bracket that comes from the mirror stem to keep the guards horizontal to the grips..It necessitates the need for the mirror to come off and the bracket is then placed there as a fixing point.

one of the nuts on mine is left hand thread so it tightens the other way , and the mirror tighten with a left hand thread . don't know it this is a clue or not .hope so

• Like 2

There is an adapter 20 which goes into the lever bracket, which I'm pretty certain is right hand thread (though I've not taken them out so can't swear to it). Then the mirror goes into this with a locknut 22, and that arrangement is left hand thread. You need to tighten the adapter first, then adjust and lock the mirror stem.

From https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces-honda-detail-71520-71520-NC750XAE-2014-F_03-NC+750+X+ABS.html

F_03.jpg

Edited by embee
  • Like 3
dannybegood

Ah mine came off in one piece, so need to go back and loosen in order, thx for that diagram that's the help I needed. My level is pictures are better than words.

• Like 1
PoppetM

That picture scares me to the point I won't be removing anything off this bike... good luck!

Mikdent
31 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

That picture scares me to the point I won't be removing anything off this bike... good luck!

But you could always colour it in. :poke:

Edited by Mikdent
6 hours ago, PoppetM said:

Taking it off is the easy bit ...................

• Like 1
Andy m
15 hours ago, PoppetM said:

This is where mobile phones/ tablets are brilliant. Get the diagram zoomed in on items 15/20/22 and take a photo everytime you move something. The only other problem you ever see are the people who think using a ten foot to tighten every nut and bolt has to be 20 times better than a 6 inch long spanner. Stripped threads mean new parts.

The clutch cable is item 3. Knowing how that comes off will save you hassle about once every 10 years.

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 1
dannybegood
43 minutes ago, Andy m said:

The clutch cable is item 3. Knowing how that comes off will save you hassle about once every 10 years.

Andy

Or just stick to DCT and never worry about number 3

Andy m

Ah, the endless biker battle of what-if technology:

Rider A has DCT in order not to worry about the clutch cable (and also hopefully because he actually like how it rides).

Rider B can change a 30 quid clutch cable in ten minutes but worries the ECU will jam it in gear and leave him chasing the dealer. He hopefully like the way that rides.

Rider C doesn't trust cables and thinks anyone who can't bump start their direct drive 3 HP 927cc single at every set of traffic lights like they did in 1905 is taking a huge risk. He isn't popular with anyone on the M25 as his rev limit comes in at 14 mph and his total loss oil system (no oil pump to fail) reminds them of the Exon Valdez.

Rider D uses a horse on the basis that you can't eat a motorbike if the worst happens. He talks to the horse. The horse tries not to listen.

Andy

• Like 4
Andy m

My Dad is rider C BTW, pictured here with the cylinder from his Spagthorpe Manx-Wildebeaste-Empire Special

28258291534_50f848cc83.jpg

:)

Andy

• Like 2

andy is your dad standing a long way away . judging by the con rod , if he aint how big is he ? 18inches :0)

rider A,  plus it was a demo and i already had a dct in the crosstourer

Andy m

The old boy is 5 foot 7. That cylinder is BIG. Too big to steal from the museum even if you do have a suitable project (the ultimate MZ).

Andy

• Like 1
Andy m

Oooh no.

Only if ultimate means last, as in "...riding machine". That combined kick starter/gearlever/bottle opener plus the coke can silencer construction did for Jawa (speedway excluded of course). That said, you can still buy one which would tempting until we got past the noise, the smoke, the kicking it up, the wringing its neck for 101% performance etc. and got to sooted plugs and seized engines. Actually, now I think about it, I am tempted :)

Andy

• Like 2
lazlo woodbine

A friend who like quirky motorcycles( He rides a Yamaha SR400) has been considering a move to Jawa.

I had a Jawa California in the 70's and would not go there again.

your selling it to me now , yer baby go the eastern block!!!!!!

what with trumps alliance and putins manufacturing ability, we all might just yet be on them :0))

• Like 1