HISS key registration procedure

djsb

I may have to get my original chipped key re registered by the HISS system on my bike. Here is a youtube video (in polish with no subtitles) that shows the procedure for registering a NEW chipped key.

Does anyone here speak Polish and if so could you kindly translate the video or some of the text in the schematic diagram that is shown? I appears that my key has been forgotten by the system and it is no longer allowing the fuel injection system/pump to start. This is probably because the battery has been off the bike for so long. Also the Datatool alarm has stopped working because it's internal battery has totally discharged. But thats another story and I'm going to get the alarm removed as it's an annoyance (to me and my neighbours) and a liability.

If someone could just help me out with the video above I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Derek_Mac

David, here's a posting on a CBR600 forum which describes the process.

It's basically the same procedure on all Hondas using the HISS system, once you've identified where the crank pulse sensor lead and connector is - it's the red connector just below the battery.

Here's a you tube video for the same process on a VFR800:

Edit: You can find a ready made 'tool' on Fleabay or Am*zon for £25.

Edited by Derek_Mac
more information

Personally I'd suspect the Datatool for preventing the system recognising the key, they can be a real PITA.

The HISS won't forget a key regardless of how long the battery is disconnected.

It's worth noting that I had an issue with my bike last year. It wouldn't start, the HISS light didn't come on and the fuel pump didn't prime. The fault was a tarnished connection in the blue connector which feeds the kill switch. Could be a similar problem.

Edited by embee

Yes, number one suspect is the Datatool. I'm going to get that removed first (by safe and sound nearby) and if its still a problem will check connections and as a last resort try the above (undocumented by Honda) procedure.

Edited by djsb

If the Datatool is wired to interrupt the supply to the kill switch (it needs to be powered to enable the pump and HISS system) then it's highly likely to be the culprit. For interest see my thread on "failing to start" here

Guest sykospain

In general, motorbike alarm kits are a catch-penny.  Honda's HSS is the most logical initial anti-theft deterrent. Apart from the fact that there's no vehicle easier to swipe than a bike....

Derek_Mac
16 hours ago, djsb said:

Yes, number one suspect is the Datatool. I'm going to get that removed first (by safe and sound nearby) and if its still a problem will check connections and as a last resort try the above (undocumented by Honda) procedure.

The procedure IS documented by Honda in the service manual for the NC700 , pages 23-2 to 23-6.

31 minutes ago, Derek_Mac said:

The procedure IS documented by Honda in the service manual for the NC700 , pages 23-2 to 23-6.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Alarm removed even though it was apparently still under warranty until June this year (3 year). Said to the tech that I don't trust the alarm anymore so asked him to remove it anyway. So now at least the engine starts and everything is back to normal. Just got to figure out how I get all the plastic panels back again.

• Like 1