Any idea paint code?

Guest poweredadventure

Guest sykospain

Remove the scratched silver fillets from the frunk lid and take it  / them to your local car paint refinisher as I did.  If they're any good at their job, they'll mix and match the silver precisely to your demo item, without the need to pay thru the nose for genuine Honda 3-pack paint.

Mike5100

Strangely it looks (according to the workshop manual) that you have to take the whole front panel off just to get the silver one off, but when I had the whole panel off I couldn;t see why.

If the silver on the panel is the same as the silver of the wheels, then I have found a touch up paint at Halfords that is very close.  they have some single pen touch ups hanging above all the fancy new 3 part kits.  There are a couple of silvers and the one that is nearest is called 'aluminium' They may do it in a spray can as well

Mike

wingrider.steve

Yeah you've got to remove the whole fairing side panel as the silver panel is secured to it from the back with several self-tapping screws.

Guest sykospain

Same on the "S", as I found out last week when taking my red frunk lid's top cover off to take to the painter as a "muestra" ( demo ).  Four little self-tappers with that Japanese X-head that's neither Philips nor Posidrive.  The toolkit's little double-ended screwdriver fits 'em.

wingrider.steve

The cross-head screws on Japanese bikes are what is known as JIS or Japanese Industrial Standard and if you work on Jap bikes regluarly you should buy a set of JIS screwdrivers.

The Philips head screw was developed for easy use on production lines by relatively unskilled workers and deliberately designed so the driver WOULD cam-out or jump out if too much torque was applied when tightening. This is why so much damage can be caused by using a normal Philips screwdriver on the JIS screws on Jap bikes, they just don't fit the screw head properly and will naturally twist out and damage the screw head if the screw is tight.

A lot of people complain about crap screws on Jap bikes chewing up too easily but it's the use of the wrong screwdriver that causes the problem.

A JIS screwdriver will fit a JIS screw really snugly and if used properly will never cam-out and cause damage to the screw head.

• Like 1
Mike5100
19 minutes ago, wingrider.steve said:

The cross-head screws on Japanese bikes are what is known as JIS or Japanese Industrial Standard and if you work on Jap bikes regluarly you should buy a set of JIS screwdrivers.

The Philips head screw was developed for easy use on production lines by relatively unskilled workers and deliberately designed so the driver WOULD cam-out or jump out if too much torque was applied when tightening. This is why so much damage can be caused by using a normal Philips screwdriver on the JIS screws on Jap bikes, they just don't fit the screw head properly and will naturally twist out and damage the screw head if the screw is tight.

A lot of people complain about crap screws on Jap bikes chewing up too easily but it's the use of the wrong screwdriver that causes the problem.

A JIS screwdriver will fit a JIS screw really snugly and if used properly will never cam-out and cause damage to the screw head.

Now there's something I never knew.  Had bits with different end shapes but never realised there were different types of screws to go wth them.

Thanks Steve

Mike

wingrider.steve

JIS screws are usually identified with a small dot:-

JIS.jpg