Compressor is useful

Andy m

Andy m

I got a new toy, but wanted to confirm for anyone else thinking of it that ACF -50 will mist through this

31759543583_415a966cb7.jpg

You use less and get an even coverage.

Andy

• Like 2
Guest bonekicker

Andy the best way to spray any thick substance without thinning --is pore it into the spray pot--get another metal container bigger --stand paint pot in larger pot--fit with boiling water--and it will thin with the heat--after a few minutes of spraying-- return it to the heat---it may save you having to get a much bigger spray gun nozzle :baby:

Mind where you spray it--- the spray gun with a long nozzle--I think it may be called a paraffin spray gun would be more controllable--turn down the compressor pressure to keep it under control--- these guns are great for using your old engine oil up--spay the car underneath --it will never rust--and much cheaper than waxoil :thumbsup:

Mikdent

Sounds like you are 'in the know' when it comes to paint spraying Bonesy.

Is that what you did before retiring? 

Derek_Mac

A similar trade to you Jerry, he lived and worked out in Spain as far as I know.

On the run more like , that's where all the gangsters go Spain :0) . I remember when he wasn't posting much , probably banged up in clink :0)

i think his name on here is because he has a lot of skeletons :0)

• Like 1
Mikdent
On 29/01/2017 at 10:02, Derek_Mac said:

A similar trade to you Jerry, he lived and worked out in Spain as far as I know.

Really? Worked in Spain and then returned to this muddy little island to retire? (the northern end too:ermm:

Dont people normally do that the other way around? 

The Spanish sun must've gone to his head! :lol: 

• Like 2
MikeBike
21 hours ago, Mikdent said:

Really? Worked in Spain and then returned to this muddy little island to retire? (the northern end too:ermm:

Dont people normally do that the other way around? 

The Spanish sun must've gone to his head! :lol: 

Think I remember a programme about him on TV building a swimming pool in SPain...

Auf_Weidersehen_Pet_logo.png

Edited by MikeBike
  • Like 2

i was only just looking at getting a compressor to do the same. Had thought of using one of those smaller touch up spray guns.

How big is your compressor tank and CFM. Are you using a Low Vol High pressure gun or some other set up - I was unsure what would be best, thought a Low Pressure gun may be better to have less spray back

Thought about a 25ltr tank at 9CFM but was thinking may be better to go 50ltr in case wanted to use with air tool at some point - anyone got any knowledge in this space as one capable for spraying ACF50 and running he occasional tool would be ideal.

Edited by rjp996

How about one of those pump up plastic canisters used for painting a fence, four or five pumps and use the gun that comes with it. I used one to "waxoil" the box sections and moisture traps on a car it will do the same for ACF 50.

I have a small compressor I use for inflating camper van and motorbike tyres. The camper tyres need 60psi which it inflates easily. The compressor was £90 from machine mart and has been so useful over the last few years as I can carry it out to the camper. Has been better than I expected . 

Mike5100

I managed to get a brilliant 240volt Mains powered tyre inflator before they were discontinued.  This device is so powerful compared to the usual 12v units that for instance it will probably completely infalt a flat car tyre in about a minute whereas it takes forever with a 12v portable.  My question is whether there's any way of me using this to spray acf50.  Obviously it has no storage tank so presumably any spray would be erratic, but that shouldn't matter.  ?

Mike

Mike5100

I have just ordered one of these  - it's for spraying oilive oil and cooking oil on food.  Of all the ones listed, this particular one gets noted because of its fine mist technology (FDA approved if that means anything).

I was wondering if it might handle ACF50 for the nooks and crannies?

Whaddya think?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LZ7A2TG/ref=pe_1909131_77697121_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_1

Mike

MikeBike

I have a Bosch Paint Sprayer that works well with all the paints and varnishes I've tried and you can adjust flow rate and spray pattern and should work I would think. Something like http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4590396 (but mine is all in one unit)

And whether or not it works it's damn good for painting, gets an excellent finish(used it for varnishing a table) and is super fast especially on big jobs like fences with lots of edges etc.

Edited by MikeBike
MikeBike
7 hours ago, Mike5100 said:

I have just ordered one of these  - it's for spraying oilive oil and cooking oil on food.  Of all the ones listed, this particular one gets noted because of its fine mist technology (FDA approved if that means anything).

I was wondering if it might handle ACF50 for the nooks and crannies?

Whaddya think?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LZ7A2TG/ref=pe_1909131_77697121_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_1

Mike

Are frylight cooking spray bottles refillable? Seem to have a finger operated pump on top and are designed for oil. Only suggested because they cost £2.25 full of oil (ASDA). Buy 2 and empty out the cooking oil from one into a jam jar to refill the second when its used up... then you have an empty one for ACF50 use.

Mike5100
2 minutes ago, MikeBike said:

Are frylight cooking spray bottles refillable? Seem to have a finger operated pump on top and are designed for oil. Only suggested because they cost £2.25 full of oil (ASDA). Buy 2 and empty out the cooking oil from one into a jam jar to refill the second when its used up... then you have an empty one for ACF50 use.

Yeah I know but .... if you have ever used one of these oil sprays for cooking they don't exactly produce a mist, more of a rain of globules.  I thought that the reviews of the more expensive one might mean it would produce more of a mist.  Mine has just come so I will try it with olive oil.

Mike

Andy m

The fry light bottles are about as good as the ones that come with the ACF starter packs. They work until the fluid bungs them up. Anything from half to one bike. They certainly don't work after a few weeks even when cleaned out with gun wash after use, so get eating those chips!

My compresor is 24 CF 3HP. You don't need a huge one for spraying. I got the parafin spray with it so will see if that works better next time. Also going to try a tyre change, although I suspect Honda San only uses lube on a Friday night and I will be defeated before needing the air.

Andy

Joeyjoejnr
On 2/2/2017 at 22:27, MikeBike said:

I have been using one of these fry light bottles for a while now and it works fine for fine mist.  Its important to sit the bottle with acf-50 solution in a mug of hot water for a few minutes though.  The heated solution sprays easier then.  I use this for getting in at engine parts and I use a small paint brush for areas near the wheel.  I normally use a rag to apply acf-50 to the bodywork.

• Like 1