valve clearence

trisaki

trisaki

Just done a major service  on a customers  700x at 8245 miles everyone  of the valve clearances were tight - he reckoned the bike was running  fine before now he has it back he reckons  it goes a lot better ticks over better and pulls away better - don't  assume because  your engine doesn't  rattle  it doesn't  need the valves checking  you might be surprised  - did my own bike last year  at roughly same mileage and only one needed  slight adjustment 

Mikdent

I didn't think a valve check was necessary until 16k miles?

or is that just the 750's?

Guest dentonlad
Just now, Mikdent said:

I didn't think a valve check was necessary until 16k miles?

or is that just the 750's?

They increased the interval to 16,000 on the 750.

Us poor 700 owners were the guinea pigs. One valve needed adjusting on mine at the 8K service but all was fine when I had it done after 3 years at 14K. 

trisaki

750 check is 16000 miles the 700 is 8000 miles  certainly wouldn't  have made it to 16000 like some people leave theirs to would have been a very sick nc by then 

Slowboy

Mine were checked at 8000 and 16000 and were fine, checked again at 28k and 7 out of 8 were a bit tight but still within the range. All 8 were reset. Biggest change was affected by changing the air filter, it was a bit clogged at 28k! Dealer told me it was OK at 16K. With the benefit of experience I will be changing it after another 16k.(do all my own services now)

Brian