Nc 750 x treatments

Guest Beny

Guest bonekicker

Beny -- what do you mean by treating them?? every 12000 km---or do you mean do we look after them from the start or only after 1200km--or ignore that as well ?? 

I like most new owners look after them all the time--that's called maintenance--and after 500 from new--we have the first service--then again at 8000 miles and so on--but still maintain them in between services.

If you would like a Red Rust coloured bike--then do not maintain at all-- are these the correct answers you are looking for??  Anyway good luck with your new bike.:thumbsup:

Grumpy old man
16 minutes ago, Beny said:

I have a new nc and i wonder if u guys treat your bikes every 12,000 km like it saies i the book?

Is it ok for the bike to go so much without treatment?

Hi, Yes we treat/service  our bikes every 8000miles/12000km but as Boney says we look after them in between and we really love doing it😉

Thanks.

When i say treat them i mean service in a authorized garage.

It just that 12,000 km between service is twice then what i had on my old bike.

Do u guys change oil every 6,000 km?

Guest dentonlad

Beny,

Some people do their own servicing rather than use the dealer but I suspect everyone does it at the specified intervals or annually, whichever is first. 

There are a number of people who change the oil more frequently.

Don't worry about the number of kms between services, Mr Honda seems to know what he is doing......

Good luck and enjoy the bike.

Hi Beny,

The NC engine is derived from a car engine, ( a Honda Jazz ) and it is a low revving, under stressed, engine compared to a high revving highly stressed engine like in a sports bike. 

The bearings and faces within the engine are designed with this in mind and is one of the reasons this engine has a good reputation for longevity in motorcycle service.   ( BMW did the same with the old K75 motorcycle a three cylinder which was a Peugeot car engine laid in its side.)  Treated with some mechanical sympathy these car derived engines just go on and on. 

Some owners do change the oil more frequently than Honda recommend as the gearbox and engine oil are shared. 

This practice harks back to the 1960s when car engines like the A series BMC ( mini 850) and motorcycles started putting the gearbox in the engine case /block. The machining of parts wasnt as close a tolerance on mass produced engines at that time resulting in harmful metal swarf being carried around by the pumped engine oil. Also engine oil was refined differently and degraded quicker than oils used  today. 

If your machine is new and under warranty ( I am in the same position ) you could be infringing the warranty by changing the oil and filter early yourself  and not using a genuine Honda oil filter.  If you do wish to do an interim oil change buy a genuine Honda oil filter and new Honda sump plug washer. I am leaving mine to be done as per the book in order to get the maximum out of the warranty and then after that I will do my own servicing as the NC does not present any difficulties in service procedures.