Corroding mirror

Mike5100

Mike5100

This is annoying. Can't see Honda replacing it under warranty but that patch in the bottom left of the mirror is where the reflective material is coming off. I guess it will get worse 

32859304062_b9c8435e3b_b.jpg

MikeBike

Annoying on such a new bike. I would at least ask as I wouldn't expect the mirror to start losing its function after one year.

Alternatively is there a way of getting it out? Maybe a glass place could cut you a copy?

On another of my bikes, this happened suddenly on both mirrors all around the extremities. I put it down to a reaction with a solvent cleaner (paraffin, GT85 perhaps?)

It never got any worse after that. Dunno.

Mike5100

Stuff that has gone near it is snow foam, acf50, and waterless wash wax (with carnauba). Can't think of anything else. Except of course salt crud

mike

That's annoying, I'm the type of guy that would look at that every time I check my mirror, you think ah well it's only the mirror,  but after a while it starts to bug me. I bought a nice bike and thought I will just ride this one and not faff about with it. The petrol tank had a small ding on the top edge, it's only a little ding. Six weeks later the tanks off and rubbed back and filled and another weeks worth of work before being resprayed back to its original colour.  Then a other week waiting for the decals and another week waiting for some nice weather so I can clear coat it.  It was only a slight dink but it drove me mad as the rest of the bike was lovely. 

Same sort of thing happened to my mirrors on the black bird , I think it was the jet washer that caused mine  to crud up . Honda changed mine , and they had indicators in ? .

Mike5100
41 minutes ago, Mac750 said:

That's annoying, I'm the type of guy that would look at that every time I check my mirror, you think ah well it's only the mirror,  but after a while it starts to bug me. I bought a nice bike and thought I will just ride this one and not faff about with it. The petrol tank had a small ding on the top edge, it's only a little ding. Six weeks later the tanks off and rubbed back and filled and another weeks worth of work before being resprayed back to its original colour.  Then a other week waiting for the decals and another week waiting for some nice weather so I can clear coat it.  It was only a slight dink but it drove me mad as the rest of the bike was lovely. 

Now that blemish will grow on me Mac :D

mike