Tilt sensor

Guest Cavallo

Guest Cavallo

Hi, does anyone knows if the nc750x is equipped with a tilt sensor? I have it on my kawa. Tilt sensor is that if the bike drops and the engine is running, it turns off automatically. Thanks 

PoppetM

I confess when I first read that I was missing the L out of tilt.... :dielaugh: hehe. I will go take my meds...

If they have the same screen as my manual S  then it will be a no....

Now curious, what does the Kwak show?!

Edited by PoppetM
  • Like 1
Spindizzy

Think the DCT has one so it doesn't change gear leaning right over. 

• Like 1
outrunner

I am sure most modern bikes have a tilt sensor but I have no intention of dropping mine to find out.  :no:

Edit. I have just found a s/h one for sale so it is confirmed that there is one.

Andy.

Edited by outrunner
PoppetM
25 minutes ago, outrunner said:

I am sure most modern bikes have a tilt sensor but I have no intention of dropping mine to find out.  :no:

Edit. I have just found a s/h one for sale so it is confirmed that there is one.

Andy.

I have had the misfortune of dropping mine.., the only tilt sensor was the choice words from the owner. 

And the bruises and pulled muscles for days afterwards :blink:

• Like 1
Derek_Mac

Speaking as one with experience, yes, it does have a tilt sensor.:blush:

Edit: Well, my 700X has one so I presume the 750 will have one - unless Honda have been cost cutting again.

Edited by Derek_Mac
SteveThackery

I don't know of any bike with fuel injection that doesn't have a tilt sensor.

We perhaps need to be clear on terminology.  The tilt sensor I'm talking about detects when the bike is on its side (or near enough) and cuts power to the fuel injection pump.  Very important for crash safety.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's a regulatory requirement, though I don't know for sure.

Some modern bikes have bank angle sensors, but that's different.  I don't think the NC has one.

• Like 1
PoppetM

Don't recall the engine cutting out, I hit the kill switch as I realised I was beyond the point of keeping her up 

2 hours ago, Cavallo said:

Hi, does anyone knows if the nc750x is equipped with a tilt sensor? I have it on my kawa. Tilt sensor is that if the bike drops and the engine is running, it turns off automatically. Thanks 

It has a bank angle sensor.

Originally the PC 800 (sorry I'm mentioning it again )  had a lean angle sensor, this was for the self cancelling indicators, which worked well and was a great idea but was discontinued on later models in order to shave costs. 

wingrider.steve
35 minutes ago, Mac750 said:

Originally the PC 800 (sorry I'm mentioning it again )  had a lean angle sensor, this was for the self cancelling indicators, which worked well and was a great idea but was discontinued on later models in order to shave costs. 

As far as I know the PC800 did not have a lean angle sensor (or bank angle sensor as Honda call them).

I think maybe you're thinking of the turn angle sensor or turn signal cancel unit which was fitted into the steering stem to control the cancelling of the indicators.

Goldwings have used a similar unit to control their self-cancelling indicators for many years and still do.

6 minutes ago, wingrider.steve said:

As far as I know the PC800 did not have a lean angle sensor (or bank angle sensor as Honda call them).

I think maybe you're thinking of the turn angle sensor or turn signal cancel unit which was fitted into the steering stem to control the cancelling of the indicators.

Goldwings have used a similar unit to control their self-cancelling indicators for many years and still do.

Yep I was .

Guest sykospain

That lovely red 1997 PC800 up in Howden, Yorks., just off the motorway to Hull, is STILL for sale.

The owner says:-

"This is one of the last made.  I would challenge you to find one in better condition. It has hardly been ridden and has been stored over winter in a brick garage. These bikes are fast becoming collectors items.  The previous owner purchased this bike from a collector who had it stored inside between 2008 and 2015 in his collection.  So when the previous owner got the bike he stripped it all down and replaced all the parts that could perish: hoses, fuel filters etc., to make it as new.  I have all the receipts for this work and all the MOTs.   I have seen many of these bikes and haven't come across one in such excellent condition both body-wise and mechanical.  It has just sailed through its MOT so will come with 12 months MOT."

Get thee behind me, Satan.....

How much is it, Alan?

SteveThackery
On 25/02/2017 at 20:59, wendeg said:

It has a bank angle sensor.

Yep.  I wish Honda would use a better term for it, though.  It is actually a "tip-over switch" which detects when the bike has tipped over and stops the engine and fuel injection system.

"Bank angle sensor" is more commonly used to describe the type of sensor which gives a continuous reading of the bank angle of the bike whilst it is being driven.  It is used by things like traction control systems and also the new "Won't-throw-you-off-even-while-banked-over" ABS systems finding their way onto exotic bikes.

• Like 1
Guest Mac750
On 06/03/2017 at 17:54, Tex said:

How much is it, Alan?

It's not OTT price wise Simon for what it is. I have sold a couple over the last five or six years all high mileage. One in pearl white over gold 1989 bike now doing blood bike work in London I sold it for £2k. 

I then I had a silver over grey one I sold for £2,200 on 56k miles and it purred. And then the last one I had was black over silver and I sold that on 59k miles for £2k . Honda did a red candy one which was three shades darker than the red 2016 NC and was drop dead gorgeous.

The last of them Honda had shaved a fair bit off to get them to a lower ticket price but in essence it's still the same bike.

1.  Candy or metallic paint discontinued and went to solid red over black.

2.  Front mudguard changed no more disc covers. 

3.  Slight change to bodywork cooling slots.

4.  No radio fitted although that became an option on earlier bikes anyway but not offered on later ones.

5.  No self cancelling indicators.

6. Only one feeble horn fitted. ( Like the NC)

7. No Honda logo carpet fitted in the trunk

8. No trunk light fitted but again this was only offered as an option on earlier bikes but not on the late one. 

I have seen them increase slowly in value over the last five years. The engines last 300,000 miles looked after, but the bodywork is getting hard to find and the swing arms rot just like a Pan Europeans. (And in years to come just like the NC will as it's the same box section design without a shaft tube bolted on. ) A low miles PC 800 is a hard bike now to find but is a rewarding bike to own. 

I should think a tilt sensor on a DCT would definitely be a must.............. :)

Guest sykospain
On 3/6/2017 at 18:54, Tex said:

How much is it, Alan?

I think it's now gone Simon - went for £3,150.  Bargain for one of the very last PC800's made.

And yesteday evening, Saturday, I had my eye on a nice well-equipped non-ABS 03 Rockster in Glasgow.  A good repaint job ( worry, worry ) with 52K which is nothing for that boxer motor. But being very old, I fell asleep during the Danish thriller on BBC4 and when I woke up, it had gone at UK time 10:30pm for a mere £1,900.

Sufferin' succotash....

Edited by sykospain