service

Guest royboy

hi all,

had nc750x now for 6 days loving it,it's on a 65 plate with 22,000 mls.

been told next service is at 24,000,where can I find out what is done

at that service.did not get a owners manual just service book.

Guest Mac750

Hi the service book lists what is needed at each service. 1st service is 6k  they drop the oil and filters (two on a DCT ) adjust the chain and pat it's backside. 

The next is 12 k and much the same and check the valve clearance. The next is 24k by which time the Honda warranty or dealer warranty maybe out. 

Oil, filters, coolant, adjust valves , change brake fluid ,inspect pads ,chain , sprockets and advise on replacing parts used or worn prior to replacement. Kerrching Kerrching would sir like to trade it in for a new one. 

The thing is not a lot on these bikes is difficult to do following the very detailed instructions in the proper Honda workshop book. £60 but well worth it.

Trade in full service history makes  little difference in value if you keep the bike tidy. Or sell on privately when the time comes. A nice example will always sell on.

Once the warranty is out any good bike garage can service it a lot cheaper than main dealer as it is a simple bike to do routine servicing on and If you have the time and somewhere to do it the servicing parts are easy to obtain. I hope that helps.

trisaki

Valve clearence is done at 16000 miles on a 750 

Guest royboy

thanks all just what I needed.

by the way what would you recommend oil to use ?

Edited by royboy
missed one thing out

10W-30 as per Honda's Workshop Manual

Derek_Mac
57 minutes ago, wendeg said:

10W-30 as per Honda's Workshop Manual

Or 10W-40

Guest sykospain

Use this particular Castrol oil,  'Power 1' and the two filters shown in the foto below, after the video;  the small filter in the plastic bag is for the DCT machines and is only available as an accredited Honda spare.  The Hi-Flo engine-oil filter is coded HF204 'Racing' & has the 17mm nut welded on the end - saves pigging about with an oil filter removal wrench. It's a doddle to do this oil-change service yourself provided you have a centre-stand.  More fiddly without, but possible.

The '40' written on the bottle is the price in euro, not the fluidity.

Useful tip :-   When installing the new engine-oil filter, as well as the standard tip of smearing oil round the new rubber O-ring, after checking that the old one isn't left up inside the casting ( ! ) try to pour as much new engine oil into the new filter as you can.  That saves the half-second or so of starvation when you fire up, as the pump sucks the new oil out of the sump to lube the cyinders.

See my oil-change how-to video :-

09cccf0b-57f2-4799-b9dc-799f061a804d_zps

trisaki

Hiflow now do the dct filter - I use in my wshop Rock oil guardian 10w 40 semi synthetic   no complaints  from customers  about clunky gears etc can't be bad as Rock oil sponsor British superbikes  

Spindizzy

I can confirm the Rock Oil Guardian Trisaki uses is good stuff :niceone:

Made my changes a little smoother and less 'jerk' selecting first when its hot. Cant say the same for  the jerk riding it tho