GG or HH pads?

Jimish

OK guys, what's the difference between "GG" and "HH" brake pads please?

I'm on about 10k miles now on my '15 XDCT and reckon I need to be thinking about changing the pads, although there's a bit of wear left yet, I get a bit edgy if they get too near the wear bars. 

ChrisCB

www.wemoto.com/info/brake_pads_gg_or_hh/

DaveM59

Wear them out, the braking is pretty much the same down to the last mm or so and just keep your eye on them and have the new ones ready to fit, it doesn't take long.

GG are 'standard' pads HH are 'high performance' but take a little longer to bed in and require a bit more pressure than GG therefore lack some feel. They last a fair bit longer though.

In my experience avoid the organic type or especially any that seem too cheap or are unbranded as they may be of poor quality.

rjp996

I used the EBC Sintered pads £21 on the wemoto link.

NC750x comes with sintered front pads as standard so I replaced with Sintered.

Bite well - no issues or differance in feel to the sintered pads that Honda original fitted in my view.

Job to change is literal 5mins - 10mins for me as I reorganize my tools after ;-)

gonzo

Jimmish , 10,000 miles !! what you doing boy,  A month ago took my pads out of my tranny with 22000 miles there was so much" meat" still on them i put them back. !

55 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Jimmish , 10,000 miles !! what you doing boy,  A month ago took my pads out of my tranny with 22000 miles there was so much" meat" still on them i put them back. !

Yes, front pads on the Transalp wear slowly but it double discs on the front so work is divided between the two pairs of pads. Double the miles but then double the price when replacing

• Like 1
22 hours ago, wendeg said:

Yes, front pads on the Transalp wear slowly but it double discs on the front so work is divided between the two pairs of pads. Double the miles but then double the price when replacing

Yes and also most of my riding is done on Devon lanes so lots of squirting and braking. I don't think I'm any harder on brake shoes than any other rider.

Thanks for the responses, I'll have a look at that Wemoto link. 

Ride safely.

gonzo

Jimish , im up in north devon nr holsworthy. Do you ever get to bude bike night, ??

On 23/03/2017 at 17:33, gonzo said:

I have set of front brake pads for Transalp, 56 plate. If you want them, let me know, they just sitting in shed for last 2 years.

Edited by matt28
gonzo

Thanks matt, bought some to change and put old one back so i got some sitting on the shelf to..

On 26/03/2017 at 19:29, gonzo said:

Jimish , im up in north devon nr holsworthy. Do you ever get to bude bike night, ??

No I don't Gozo, when is it? I'm in S. Molton. Nice ride to Bude from here along the A39. 

Rocker66
28 minutes ago, Jimish said:

No I don't Gozo, when is it? I'm in S. Molton. Nice ride to Bude from here along the A39. 

One of my mates has moved S . Milton so if you see a guy riding a Hyabusa give him a wave. Until recently he would have been driving the bus that was holding you up:) :)

Confusion reigns!

Gozo, or Gonzo. S.Milton or S.Molton. 

Haven't any 'busas around here but I'll keep my eyes open.

We have a weekly bike meet out here at The Cabin on the A361 link road, Knowstone Picnic Area every Wednesday lunch time ish. 2 750xdct 's usually turn up, mine and another wrinkly.

I won't be there today tho' - the missus is dragging me into Barnstaple for shopping, so might as well turn it into a Wetherspoons lunch!

Rocker66
28 minutes ago, Jimish said:

Confusion reigns!

Gozo, or Gonzo. S.Milton or S.Molton. 

Haven't any 'busas around here but I'll keep my eyes open.

We have a weekly bike meet out here at The Cabin on the A361 link road, Knowstone Picnic Area every Wednesday lunch time ish. 2 750xdct 's usually turn up, mine and another wrinkly.

I won't be there today tho' - the missus is dragging me into Barnstaple for shopping, so might as well turn it into a Wetherspoons lunch!

My typo ( or autocorrect) it is definitely S Molton in Devon that he lives.