8000 mile service.

outrunner

outrunner

The bike was in today for it's 8000 miles service and I asked for the clutch filter to be changed as well as I do not like the idea of not doing it whatever Mr Honds says. I also got the suspension linkages re-greased as some on here mentioned that they could be a bit dry from the factory, but mine were OK. In and out of the garage in two hours and then off to play in the sun. No idea how much it will cost me as he said to come back tomorrow for the bill, will keep you advised. :)

Andy.

• Like 1
horobags

Nice one Andy, mines in for its first service today, then Im fitting engine bars and a mate is fitting  LED's to the mirrors tomorrow. I'll post a pic of the mirror extendas when its done Andy.:)

Guest sykospain

We'll all be interested to see what the dealer charges you for the extremely routine and dead-simple 8K-mile first main service.  In which a new DCT-clutches tiny paper oil filter is an inherent and essential part, along with new oil and a new engine filter.

Remember to check on collection of your bike the two shouldered screws that attach the lower cowl unit by the each-side footpegs.  They can 'get mislaid' in the shop to be replaced during a service by inadequate substitutes.  They're special shouldered black hex-head cap bolts.

outrunner

Actually, the DCT filter is not listed to be changed on the 2016XDCT bike at 8000 miles but I told them to do it anyway. Called in today and still not got the bill. :shocked:

Andy.

Grumpy old man

Where is your dealer in the Borders? 

outrunner
6 minutes ago, Grumpy old man said:

Where is your dealer in the Borders? 

Not a Honda dealer, I get my bikes done by REBZ in Tweedbank. No need to have your bike serviced by a Honda dealer as long as genuine Honda parts are used and all checks done by the book.

Andy.

• Like 1
Grumpy old man

Thanks Andy 

PoppetM

My 8,000 was done by Honda on Tuesday. No, not the Honda dealer I had the issues with,  Was £160. They appeared fairly thorough judging by the a4 page of ticks and another sheet of paper with red, amber and green warnings on it. Telling me what was wearing and by how much. 

Bike was returned to me washed and everything feeling looser, they had greased my stands etc. Even cleaned the chain 👍

• Like 1
Rocker66
10 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

My 8,000 was done by Honda on Tuesday. No, not the Honda dealer I had the issues with,  Was £160. They appeared fairly thorough judging by the a4 page of ticks and another sheet of paper with red, amber and green warnings on it. Telling me what was wearing and by how much. 

Bike was returned to me washed and everything feeling looser, they had greased my stands etc. Even cleaned the chain 👍

That sounds good. Care to name the dealer for the benefit of others?

PoppetM
3 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

That sounds good. Care to name the dealer for the benefit of others?

Honda Chiswick. I know a few people that have used them. Even sent me a video blog of them doing the walk about around my bike pointing out various things.

Beware it's an Alladins cave. Bikes, cars, Infinity Clothing and coffee shop. I didn't have time for a wander as I had to get work but I did just stand there gawping at first like a kid in a sweet shop.

• Like 3
Callisidrin
47 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Honda Chiswick. I know a few people that have used them. Even sent me a video blog of them doing the walk about around my bike pointing out various things.

Beware it's an Alladins cave. Bikes, cars, Infinity Clothing and coffee shop. I didn't have time for a wander as I had to get work but I did just stand there gawping at first like a kid in a sweet shop.

I had my 600 service done at Chiswick too the week before PoppetM. 

It surprised me to get an email with a link to a video blog of the walk round inspection of the bike. It's reassuring, in an odd kind of way, as it shows that they care about your bike and by videoing the inspection they are not going to try to mug you for additional work that you weren't expecting at least not without showing you the actual evidence first (not that there was any).

A thoughtful touch there Chiswick as it's not something they really need to do either.

A txt message to say the bike was ready. A talk through the check list and what exactly they had done (including checking all the bolts). They told me how much wear the tyres and brake pads had, what the tyre pressures were and the state of the chain. I paid the money, they stamped the service book and accompanied me out to my waiting, cleaned bike.

Happy Dude :) all be it about £125 lighter. They did spend over 2 hours on it, so money well spent, specially as they are only a few minutes ride away from me.

• Like 3
Guest sykospain

This is what we need - reputable responsible dealers being named for doing good work.  And the opposite - rip-off dealers being named and shamed.

Yes it's good to get feed back,  I've just had my NC first service done at Branson's of Yeovil, friendly staff, a CB500 loan bike and £125 bill, which when you consider the cost of the oil & filter is reasonable. I plan to return for it's 8000 mile service in a year, then do it myself. I have had good and bad experiences at dealers over the years, but from memory Branson's have always been good.