Endless chain. Please please tell me where to buy one!

CFB

I've spent most of the morning trawling t'internet and reading the many chain, sprockets threads and nowhere can I find a link to where to buy one and none of the sites (Busters, Wemoto etc) mention whether the chains they stock are endless or not.

I'm pulling what's left of my hair out!

Why so desperate for endless chain? Links installed correctly will last just as long, especially on such low powered bike like the NC. I use linked with zero issues 99% two up riding.

Grumpy old man
9 minutes ago, Hati said:

Why so desperate for endless chain? Links installed correctly will last just as long, especially on such low powered bike like the NC. I use linked with zero issues 99% two up riding.

Split links or riveted links? 

Split. I think there is a serious bias toward these links for no real reason. I bought a AU$30 chain link tool for breaking and riveting. Used that to press on the link plate, then fitted the clip. Went on with no issues about 5000 Km ago.

For ease of fitting and peace of mind.

Ive done the riveted link and split link before.

Suffice to say, not a fan.

All I need is a website link and part number, please.

shiggsy

I have to admit to having a few problems find the chain and sprocket parts I wanted on Busters and Wemoto, ended up using a combination of both sites in the end. I had the VX2 chain previously, which lasted twice as long as the original.  This time I went  for the higher specification ZVMX endless, this is the link (lol) : http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/en/category/10108010202/article/492225/?sr=30 

• Like 1
Andy m

I got through three sets of chains and sprockets on my Bonneville. Each time I ordered the same part number from Wemoto and recieved the same DID chain, one endless with no rivet link, one endless with a spare rivet link and one split with both a rivet and natty bolt to rivet link.

I'd ring and ask what they have in this week.

Andy

I always use a riveted link on my road bikes since loosing the spring clip once on the M5!, the chain stayed on as luck would have it and I had a spare spring clip, so got home OK. Having said that my XR250 has a spring clip link and has never been a problem, perhaps all chains should be regularly soaked in mud and run without any lubrication? (this is a joke by the way)

• Like 1

Thanks for your input chaps.

Spoke to Busters this morning. They gave me their part numbers and all ordered via the website.

FYI the part numbers for an X DCT are

112 link endless chain     748.01.85

16 tooth front sprocket    726.01.12

39 tooth rear sprocket     727.33.06

Works out at £107 delivered by DPD courier.

• Like 2

Thanks,

That makes it a lot easier for me now as I already have a JT 17T front sprocket (750x DCT uses 17t instead of 16t on the 700x DCT) so ordering the rear sprocket and chain will be straight forward.

Edited by djsb
  • Like 2
rjp996

Prob to late, but I got the did vx2 520 (gold and black) from 'that auction site' last time for £58 delivered, which was a great price. It was listed as a KTM Duke 125 Abs chain - but a 520vx2/112 is the same as ours on the NC.