Air filter replacement

axis

Hi all - I'm planning to change the air filter on my bike this weekend. I have the service manual and also see that there's some Youtube info. Any tips / lessons learned from those that have done it, as there's a fair amount of bodywork to remove. thanks

• Like 1
steelhorseuk

The job looks harder than it is to be honest. Just take your time and note where the screws and fasteners came from.

If any part of the body panelling is not coming off, do not force it, just recheck you have released every screw.

Some of the not tank panels interlock (NC700SA) so be weary.

I did it okay without a problem so if I can, anyone can!

-Mark-

• Like 1
Guest Mac750

Don't do what I did, took every thing off and then lost a tiny plastic clip, resulting in 114 miles around trip and £5 to buy a new one from Honda. (Only made by them, not the push out black jobbies) 

Arrived home and found the original "in a safe place". 

Taipan

Put a K&N in my X yesterday. dead easy job. You need to be familiar with the trim clips and lifting up the centre pin to remove them, but apart from that its just a few posi screws and hex bolts. Unplug the air box sensor to get the lid out and thats it. 30 mins will cover it the first time.

Dunnster

It is easy if you take your time. First time I did it I followed the YouTube vids. 

Edited by Dunnster
Adding a video

Hi all - finally got round to doing this. Taking apart OK, have now replaced the filter and putting everything back together.

What's the technique to getting those black plastic fastners back in (the ones where you push in the middle to remove) ?

thanks

Dunnster

You have to push up and apart the pointy end, so the bit in the middle on the top, sticks up. Push the fastener in the hole, then push the sticky up bit down and flush. 

Dont know if that makes sense :frantics:

Just have a mess about with one, you'll work it out. 

Thanks for the response Mike, much appreciated,

All done !

• Like 1
Dunnster
1 hour ago, axis said:

Thanks for the response Mike, much appreciated,

All done !

Glad you managed to get it all done. :thumbsup: