Integra gerry

trisaki

trisaki

Anyone  got the details of what you  need to take off /undo on an integra  to get to the rocker cover  radiator  etc valve clearances  ? 

DaveM59

The panel that fits below the radiator, drain the coolant by the drain plug under the crankcase front and centre and either unfasten the rad and pivot it down or remove the coolant hoses and remove it completely (safer option).

• Like 1
trisaki

Still need to turn engine over so need lefthand  side of to  get to crank nut as it's a dct  so I can do valves 

Edited by trisaki
trisaki
7 hours ago, Hati said:

I can email you the panel section of the manual...

That would be great pm sent

Hi Mark, all I would say is good luck. I found it impossible to remove the panels without snapping a couple of the tabs on the upper parts. It seems you almost have to move them in two directions at the same time. A crazy system. However the good news is that it seems that many of the clips are redundant as when I put it all back together it never moved or fell off.

trisaki

I've got masses of screws and very little in the way of panel moving  I can see the radiator and rocker box cover but ! 

Guest Hati

I had no trouble working out (and off) the panels. Helps to keep the order the manual suggests. I don't think there are many shortcuts to help mechanics...

embee

Don't know the 750 Integra panels, but the 700 Integra is something of a pain. The black front cowl is straightforward, as long as you find all the fixings. Most are the push-in centre pin type, but there are a couple of panel screws which go into the bracketry, near where the horn is.

You have to take the shiny panel over the ait filter off to get at a panel screw at the top rear corner holding the side panel on. To get the shiny panel off you take the two panel screws out just forwards of the handlebars and lift the panel vertically to unclip the half dozen or so spring clips, except it doesn't want to lift up when the seat is closed.  I usually manage it with lifting the seat about halfway, but it's a stupid stupid stupid design.

The fairing side panel has one "hidden" fastener which is a plastic plug which you pull the centre pin outwards to release it, that is tucked in the side vent hole. The rear of the panel has 3 or 4 plug-in clips which go in sideways, so it's a case of easing the panel outwards at the rear. I find I can reach a hand up inside the fairing once the front cowl is removed and it can make easing the sideways clips out a bit easier.

However the front and top section must be slid forwards to get the clips out, and the top bit above the sidelight has tiny plastic tabs moulded in the fairing which sort of hook into slots, I've broken one of these off. It's a question of holding the back outwards while pushing the panel forwards. Did I say a stupid design? Stupid stupid stupid ...............................

I sincerely hope the designer of this was forced to commit harakiri.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, trisaki said:

I've got masses of screws and very little in the way of panel moving  I can see the radiator and rocker box cover but ! 

Sorry Mark I didn't mean to give you a headache... :blink: I didn't think it would be that hard to take panels off! 

trisaki

If you still have it in 8000 m you can do the next  one !  just to get basic bits off I had about  2 dozen screws etc  but now going back together  4 tight tappets made the job worth while  - coolant done with silicate free antifreeze    not been done before  like it should  have been  ie dealer telling  porkies 

• Like 2
trisaki
7 hours ago, embee said:

Don't know the 750 Integra panels, but the 700 Integra is something of a pain. The black front cowl is straightforward, as long as you find all the fixings. Most are the push-in centre pin type, but there are a couple of panel screws which go into the bracketry, near where the horn is.

You have to take the shiny panel over the ait filter off to get at a panel screw at the top rear corner holding the side panel on. To get the shiny panel off you take the two panel screws out just forwards of the handlebars and lift the panel vertically to unclip the half dozen or so spring clips, except it doesn't want to lift up when the seat is closed.  I usually manage it with lifting the seat about halfway, but it's a stupid stupid stupid design.

The fairing side panel has one "hidden" fastener which is a plastic plug which you pull the centre pin outwards to release it, that is tucked in the side vent hole. The rear of the panel has 3 or 4 plug-in clips which go in sideways, so it's a case of easing the panel outwards at the rear. I find I can reach a hand up inside the fairing once the front cowl is removed and it can make easing the sideways clips out a bit easier.

However the front and top section must be slid forwards to get the clips out, and the top bit above the sidelight has tiny plastic tabs moulded in the fairing which sort of hook into slots, I've broken one of these off. It's a question of holding the back outwards while pushing the panel forwards. Did I say a stupid design? Stupid stupid stupid ...............................

I sincerely hope the designer of this was forced to commit harakiri.

Hi mate yes this is a 700  stupid  stupid  design  ! ! Going back together  now thank god 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, trisaki said:

I can see the radiator and rocker box cover but ! 

He gets everywhere. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, trisaki said:

If you still have it in 8000 m you can do the next  one !  just to get basic bits off I had about  2 dozen screws etc  but now going back together  4 tight tappets made the job worth while  - coolant done with silicate free antifreeze    not been done before  like it should  have been  ie dealer telling  porkies 

Top man mark many thanks! Back home tomorrow afternoon late day ish I'll give you a ring when I get in and arrange ££ 👍

embee
1 hour ago, trisaki said:

Hi mate yes this is a 700  stupid  stupid  design  ! ! Going back together  now thank god 

When putting the fairing side panel back on, it's a real case of pot luck whether you get the little top tabs hooked into their slots as you wangle the fore/aft clips back in and then line up the sideways clips. Just when you think it's gone OK you spot that one of the little tabs is the wrong side of the slot and the pointy bit doesn't sit right so you have to start again removing the panel and ............................ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BangHead:

• Like 1
trisaki
59 minutes ago, embee said:

When putting the fairing side panel back on, it's a real case of pot luck whether you get the little top tabs hooked into their slots as you wangle the fore/aft clips back in and then line up the sideways clips. Just when you think it's gone OK you spot that one of the little tabs is the wrong side of the slot and the pointy bit doesn't sit right so you have to start again removing the panel and ............................ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BangHead:

Yep done that 

trisaki

Up and running  and sounding  sweet  road test in the morning  

• Like 2
PoppetM

Wahey so he can ride Sunday 😀