Sub harness

wendeg

I'm thinking of ordering the Honda sub harness. Can someone enlighten me where to connect the white connector? Thanks for any help!

sdsc03992.jpg

If the plug is in the same place as on the 700, it is to be found underneath the left hand side of the frunk, behind the fairing panel.

It is pushed into a moulding at the lowest point of the frunk, so immediately obvious.

Edited by CFB
Auto correct

Thanks Clive. So that means taking off all the panels? :cry:

Yup, I'm afraid so.

You need to remove the seat, top fairing panel, that's the one with the fake intake in.

The left hand side panel, that's all.

This video might help... https://youtu.be/NYm9NEhTZ_8

Andy m

Its the RIGHT panel on a 750. The plug you are after is on the RIGHT roughly where you would expect a fuel tap to be on an old bike. Same huge panels to come off, you just need work on the other side.

28957476274_f30a539428_z.jpg

White thing in the middle of the shot

29502603081_343a1a3b31_z.jpg

How do we get this as a sticky? It seems to get asked weekly with the confusion between 700's and 750's.

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 1
MikeBike
13 hours ago, Andy m said:

Its the RIGHT panel on a 750....

How do we get this as a sticky? It seems to get asked weekly with the confusion between 700's and 750's.

Andy

More confusion... The difference isn't 700 to 750

CFB says on LEFT for 700 and my 750 X (2014/5) it was also on the LEFT.

If yours was on the right 'm assuming the difference is then 2016 models vs earlier.

Edited by MikeBike

It's definitely on the LEFT (as you are sitting on the bike) as mine sub-harness connector wire where used for my Datatool alarm which I have since had removed.

MikeBike
9 minutes ago, djsb said:

It's definitely on the LEFT (as you are sitting on the bike) as mine sub-harness connector wire where used for my Datatool alarm which I have since had removed.

Your bike is like mine a 2014/5 model and is on the LEFT (also for earlier 700's)

OP's is 2016 and seems like then on the RIGHT.

• Like 1
Andy m

Mine was a 2016 S.

Andy

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Andy m said:

Mine was a 2016 S.

Andy

Andy, that's where the confusion comes from.

On the S models, the connector IS on the RIGHT as you say.

On X models it is on the LEFT.

I don't think the model year makes a difference to either.

Edited by CFB
  • Like 1
Tex

And the winner is... drumroll.... Clive! :D 

• Like 1

I thank you. 🍻

• Like 1
Guest sykospain

Yes, Clive's on-the-button.  altho' for convenience, when I did all my electrics wrangling on the 2015 "S" I ferkled the six-way socket through under the frunk - plenty of space provided you have the aid of slim female fingers - and I found it much more accessible on the LEFT side of the bike.  Important thing is not to try to go through the square metal box that supports the front edge of the rider's seat.  Go under the frunk is much easier.  Judicious positioning is then needed to make the panel go flush up to the bike when re-installing panels.