Check Coolant Level?

Guest PlymouthBikers

Guest PlymouthBikers

HI guys i know i should read the manual but not many fellas do that.....

How does one find out if the coolant level is good on the NC700.

I can't see anything looking around bike. I see the rear break level under the seat, umm

Can any one shed some light?

cheers.. :ermm:

Guest snowball

I think the header tank is behind the lower cover right side front of the engine, if I,m wrong someone will be along to put that right,but I.m sure I saw it on the test bike I rode.

Guest duk2n

I think the header tank is behind the lower cover right side front of the engine, if I,m wrong someone will be along to put that right,but I.m sure I saw it on the test bike I rode.

Yes, I can confirm it's there, but it is very difficult to check the level, I can't see easilythe coolant through the tank, maybe because its colour

Guest PlymouthBikers

Ha yes thanks Jose.

I can see it now below radiator, behind the removable guard right side of bike. take out the one screw and you can then move the lower panel and see the coolant level..

• 1 year later...
Guest bluepilot76

I was going to ask if anyone had a good method for checking the coolant level?..Other than taking the guard bit off. Maybe thats easier than I think but surely we should be able to see through the little gap where the manual says to look.

As already pointed out the white plastic of the resevoir is not transparent enough. I was shocked that it appearred to have no coolant in it the resevoir so I took it to the dealers and eventually we were able to just see it by getting someone to shake the bike whilst I cupped my hands around the window. Definately a two person job...

Similar to motorboy, I used the flash as a light on my mobile, put it behind the expansion tank which made the coolant level obvious

Guest Black Knight

It certainly isn't very user friendly.  It must have been designed by someone(s) after their friday afternoon lunch break back from the pub!!

• 1 year later...
davelondon

OMG i'm also struggling to see, just had a real worry its empty, even with a torch i cant see! do you need to do it in low light? Its a nice sunny day today?

trisaki

A torch in the top and give the bike a shake or / once cover is out of the way you can do it on your own by holding the right handlebar

Guest Dreadmatt

like every one say look under the panel on the exhuast side of the bike at the front  wind protecter you will find the coolant bottle there sould be between max +min level