Rear wheel hard to spin

hypnotic

hypnotic

I have DCT version 2017. I went for a 2k miles tour and since I came back I noticed that spinning the rear wheel while on center stand by hand is very hard. I lubricate the chain every 300 miles/bi-weekly and clean it every 1000 miles. The bike in total has 5k miles. I have cleaned the front, rear sprocket and the chain completely but I still feel the difficulty (note that I re-lubed the chain). Most of the time if I start the bike and then try to spin the wheel there are no problems. Is there an explanation for this behaviour?

Are you selecting neutral before you switch off? If not it could still be in gear. 

• Like 1
trisaki

Either  that or the rear brake is binding  try pumping rear brake pedal then try turning back wheel - is it a lot harder  to turn if yes then rear brake needs to come apart  - /or  handbrake sticking on ? 

• Like 1
hypnotic
2 hours ago, pjm said:

Are you selecting neutral before you switch off? If not it could still be in gear. 

Actually I never set it to neutral before switching off, I will try that.

2 hours ago, trisaki said:

Either  that or the rear brake is binding  try pumping rear brake pedal then try turning back wheel - is it a lot harder  to turn if yes then rear brake needs to come apart  - /or  handbrake sticking on ? 

What should I do if handbrake is sticking on? Is it possible that is happening on a new bike so soon?

hypnotic

I just forgot to mention, I was riding on A road when the brick fell of the truck and hit the bottom part of the rear wheel. It made a tiny damage but I assume it hit the parking brake as well. However, after the hit the wheel was spinning without issues. I noticed it 3 days later.

bikerbampi

Could be the handbrake cable needs checking/adjusting.

• Like 1
hypnotic
On 29/07/2017 at 17:42, pjm said:

Setting it to neutral before switching off did the job.

Thank you