Can someone help to build nc750 de ?

Guest cypriotxx

kayz1

Where are you?

I have a seat for the Integra, standard rider seat with a shad gell pillion seat.

I thought the usual order of things is ask for advice first, then go and buy something... Getting all those body panels from Honda will cost a fortune.

Guest cypriotxx

Hi Kayz1

Would that fit nc750de? 

Yes alll the parts costing fortune , one dealer said ecu only 400 lol if i know the part number i could search online to see whats what ..

It came off my 750 Integra so i assume it will fit.

Apparently the "e" on the end is only for the special paint scheme so it looks to be a pre 2016 Integra.

Many Honda dealers use an online parts finder that customers can access, like this If you cannot find one closer to you, use that. Keep in mind that the Australian model has a few minor differences such as an extra piece of plastic near the rear lights. These finders will give you the part numbers.

DaveM59

There is usually a good selection of Integra parts on the auction site, mostly from some of the eastern European countries which is probably where all the stolen bikes go to. Estonia seems to be a hot spot for parts. Try logging on to other countries bay sites as most sellers will send abroad but don't always put their parts on the 'foreign' to them sites. Beware the pre 2015? model Integra panels are mostly different although a few of the non painted ones look very similar.

You will definitely have your work cut out with this project. Keep an eye on the budget as I suspect by the time you have finished it may have cost you a lot more than buying a complete good condition bike would have. There may come a point where keeping it for spares and buying another would make more economical sense, although I realise that isn't always the issue, it's a challenge too!

• Like 1
Guest cypriotxx

Found a place in bristol , he is giving me a full report of needed parts with their part numbers for £70 so i will be able to look it up online ,. He showed me petrol tank brand new £640 and on that auction site for £60 on that auction site , will see what he will come up with in 3wk time 😊

Rocker66

I would want to know regarding any parts advertised really cheap whether the actuall owner knows they are being sold. Many stolen bikes are broken and sold as parts.

DaveM59

If mine was stolen, as long as I was paid out from insurance I wouldn't care what was happening. True, I wouldn't like the thieves to be profiting but then I would be OK with knowing other owners are getting cheap spares possibly otherwise not available. It's a decision that you make and either refuse parts on the principle they 'might' be stolen or you ignore the possibility, as if you don't buy them someone else will, so your principles simply cost you more and/or leave you without that impossible to get part.

To buy parts knowing for certain that they are stolen is another matter.

Mikdent

Buying property that you know or strongly suspect Is stolen is a no no in my eyes.

Youre providing a market for the scumbags to sell to.

If you do knowingly buy stolen parts then don't come crying the day YOUR bike is nicked. 

• Thanks 1
Rocker66
3 hours ago, DaveM59 said:

If mine was stolen, as long as I was paid out from insurance I wouldn't care what was happening. True, I wouldn't like the thieves to be profiting but then I would be OK with knowing other owners are getting cheap spares possibly otherwise not available. It's a decision that you make and either refuse parts on the principle they 'might' be stolen or you ignore the possibility, as if you don't buy them someone else will, so your principles simply cost you more and/or leave you without that impossible to get part.

To buy parts knowing for certain that they are stolen is another matter.

But that is just feeding the bike stealing industry. Buying stolen property on the principle of if I don't somebody else will is like saying I might as well burgle that empty house as if I don't somebody else probably will.

No point in complaining about the police not doing anything about bike theft or rising insurance premiums due to bike theft if at the same time we are supporting the bike thieves by buying stolen parts.

• Thanks 1
DaveM59

You're mis-reading what I wrote...

I said I wouldn't buy used parts if I knew they were stolen (or strongly suspected so) but I don't subscribe to the principle that everything second hand is likely to be stolen so I won't buy them just in case. There will always be someone out there who doesn't care where they came from and simply re-sells them at a small profit. They could appear a quite legitimate trader so do you mistrust every Xbay seller, car booter, auto jumble stall holder etc. Where do you draw the line?

Bike theft, or theft of any kind has to be nipped in the bud, not at the other end of the trail. If the selling of stolen goods becomes harder they simply look for another market or change the type of goods they are stealing. It's just a job to them.

Guest Mac750

I use a guy locally he is a legitimate bike breaker who advertises on that auction site weekly. 

He buys accident write off bikes direct from the insurance companies. No middle man the insurance company buys it from the owner and sells it to him.  He drives up and collects them, then brings them back to his workshop where he takes each bike apart,  he and his staff then test the parts, clean them and inspect them before they go on his shelves or on the auction site.

He posts nation wide and offers 14 days refund on any mechanical or electrical item.

This all takes time and money and provides three wages for him and his two staff members. So his mark up is around 40% to 50% off the list price of the same part new from the dealer and from him you get the ancillaries also.

He makes a good living from it, 

so should anyone turn up in his yard with a bike in a van that wants to sell without the V5 and photo proof of ID and proof of a utility bill that matches the V5 he says no thanks, the reason he is so cautious is simple.

The insurance companies would wipe him off the list of approved breakers should he be found to be accepting  stolen goods and that one stolen machine would deprive him of 99.9 % of his supply chain of late model parts to sell as he would be black listed .

Most breakers who are advertising on the auction site regularly and have premises where you can collect goods from him in person, who offer a money back refund or exchange a defective part, will be buying from insurance companies direct. 

They are also subject to spot inspection by the insurance companies fraud inspection team and of course the old bill who visit unannounced. So the majority of breakers who are on line are legit. Of course you will get the odd one selling a Cross runner engine for £100 it's the same in any trade or walk of life you will always get the chancers. 

Back to my bike breaker, I have mentioned before he once had a BMW 1200 LT with something like 50 miles on it from new. I asked about buying it but the insurance company who he bought it from insisted it was broken as the forks was badly bent which may have bent the frame so he did just that and broke a 50 mile machine for parts. Not worth upsetting the insurance companies he buys from.