Indictors not working

SteveM

Having not used it for 5 days came to the bike yesterday and the indicators are not working. The indicator switch and hazard switch seem to be working (just a feeling on them) but nothing on the bulbs. The green arrows also don't come on, on the instrument panel.

Is this a fuse or all 4 bulbs gone? 

Many Thanks in advance

wingrider.steve

The fuse is the first thing to check, from memory it's the one in the fuse box marked "Clock/Turn"

Bigglesaircraft

It's more than likely a fuse but a bulb blowing may have caused it as sometimes there can be a surge of current/voltage as the bulb packs up causing the fuse to blow.

fred_jb

When this fuse blew on my 750X I also lost the speedo display and the odometer stopped counting the miles until I replaced the fuse.

1 hour ago, wingrider.steve said:

The fuse is the first thing to check, from memory it's the one in the fuse box marked "Clock/Turn"

Checked all fuses and changed that just to make sure hasn't worked.

6 minutes ago, fred_jb said:

When this fuse blew on my 750X I also lost the speedo display and the odometer stopped counting the miles until I replaced the fuse.

Don't know if it makes a difference but mines a high millage 58k 700X DCT. My miles are still working on my dash. Everything else still works.

fred_jb

If it's not the fuse or the switchgear then it could be bad news.  I could be thinking of an other bike, which is entirely possible as I've had a few since my NC, but I believe there is no indicator relay as such on the NC - I think the flasher circuitry is built in to the instrument panel.

Edited by fred_jb
fred_jb

Good find Tex.  Hopefully that means it just needs a new flasher relay, so sorry if I have caused the OP any worries about needing a new instrument panel.

I know with one of my bikes I was researching replacing the indicator bulbs with LEDs but didn't want to use the messy and power wasting expedient of fitting resistors in parallel with the LEDs to take the same power and keep the flasher circuitry happy.  Instead I wanted to fit an LED compatible flasher relay until I found that there was no separate relay on the bike - maybe it was the Versys.

• Like 1

Update. They came on, on the way home. Sometimes fine flicker rate sometimes a lot faster. Is this the relay on it's way out. 

Where can I find this and does anyone have the part number please. 

The relays are designed to flash at a fast rate when a lamp has failed (it lets you know something is wrong). Sounds like you have intermittent poor contacts somewhere, my bet is on a connector (usually is).