VAT on Honda Workshop manual

Trumpet

Be careful to check whether your Dealer or website Charges VAT on the Honda workshop manual for the NC. Fowlers website automatically charged over seven quid extra when I placed an order.  When I challenged them, they admitted it should not attract VAT and corrected their web system, and of course refunded me. I then checked Lings, and they are also adding VAT to the manual cost on Web orders. seems a lottery whether dealers/websites charge VAT or not.

Edited by Trumpet
Guest Mac750

Interesting, didn't realise when I bought mine from the auction with no name. But it was a Honda dealer selling them on that site so maybe I paid over the odds.

On the up side first home service will pay for the book four times over. 👍

Edited by Mac750
pointer2null

Been trying to a find a manual but can't event find one on fleabay...

The manual part number is 61MGS03 (61MKA01 for 2016 models) and contains a supplement for the NC750X.

Helminc sell this manual for $81.95 but then there will be a host of customs charges and of course VAT to pay.

If you do an internet search for the above number you will get several results.

Asking a dealer is also an option.

I have just found the very useful Honda Common Service manual (search for 61CSM00) as well. Full of useful tips on general workshop practice.

Keep in mind that a service manual will pay for itself several times over.

Edited by djsb

PRODUCTQTYPRICE

SM NC750 X-XA-XD-S-S

Part Number: 62MKA00

£39.64 NO VAT

Covers NC750 X/XA/XD/S/SA/SD. From Fowlers but also available from other Honda Dealers. Its nearly 1" thick, all in english. Lot of info in it.

Edited by Trumpet
pointer2null
9 hours ago, Trumpet said:

PRODUCTQTYPRICE

SM NC750 X-XA-XD-S-S

£39.64 NO VAT

Covers NC750 X/XA/XD/S/SA/SD. From Fowlers but also available from other Honda Dealers. Its nearly 1" thick, all in english. Lot of info in it.

Thanks - I did try a search on Foulups website but nothing came up. Think I'll order one soon; bikes out of warrantee so I'll be back doing the maintenance and servicing myself.

Fear not, mine arrived in a couple of Days after I ordered it from Fowlers. Fowlers order direct from Honda, next day delivery, then ship it out.  :ahappy:

Edited by Trumpet
  • 5 months later...
On 27/08/2017 at 22:01, Trumpet said:

PRODUCTQTYPRICE

SM NC750 X-XA-XD-S-S

£39.64 NO VAT

Do you know if that covers 2016/2017 versions  ?

On 27/08/2017 at 22:01, Trumpet said:

PRODUCTQTYPRICE

SM NC750 X-XA-XD-S-S

£39.64 NO VAT

Mines a 2017 and it covers it.

Edited August 27, 2017 by Trumpet

Edited by Trumpet
On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:27, Trumpet said:

Be careful to check whether your Dealer or website Charges VAT on the Honda workshop manual for the NC. Fowlers website automatically charged over seven quid extra when I placed an order.  When I challenged them, they admitted it should not attract VAT and corrected their web system, and of course refunded me. I then checked Lings, and they are also adding VAT to the manual cost on Web orders. seems a lottery whether dealers/websites charge VAT or not.

Why no VAT Alan?

MikeBike
1 hour ago, akstsstjs said:

Why no VAT Alan?

Books and other forms of printed matter are zero rated.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MikeBike said:

Books and other forms of printed matter are zero rated.

I did not know that. Cheers Mike.