Lost dipped beam and sidelight

nc750xuk

Morning all, i dont have my owners manual to hand so thought id ask on here

On the way to work this morning i noticed my front headlight dipped beam and sidelight wernt working. I still have my tail light and high beam working correctly

The bulb is fine so is there a specific fuse that feeds dipped beam and sidelight that may have blown?

2014 nc750x

Thanks

Hi,

It sounds like the bulb to me - there are 2 filaments in it - 1 for dipped and 1 for high beam. Sounds like the dipped filament has gone.

DaveM59

Seems odd the rear tail is working but not the front as they are on the same circuit and fuse. I would suspect a connector somewhere at the front with a green pin or two or a dud relay but the side light failure assuming that you have also checked the bulb, would suggest a connector.

Very possibly a connector issue. First one to check would be the one from the left switch cluster, it's somewhere near there in the left fairing (it is on my integra, I guess the X will be similar). I haven't looked at the wiring diag to see why the dip and sidelight should be linked this way, but if the lamps are OK that would be my next step.