Tail Riser

Guest MotiAlfia

Guest MotiAlfia

Hi
just a quick one ...
i'm thinking about raising my motorcycle in order to do some trails riding.
does anyone did that ?
how does it effecting the motorcycle (beside making him taller (: )?

also
i have this link :
https://www.bikefarmmv.com/epages/79512538.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/79512538/Categories/"Heckhöherlegung bikefarmMV"/"Honda Höherlegung"/"Honda NC 700 Höherlegung"

my NC is manual..
so what is the difference between 
1. Jack Up Kit with MOT
2. Jack Up Kit RAC

THX

Raising the rear of the machine without raising the front a corresponding amount will alter the geometry and handling characteristics. It will respond quicker to steering input and load the front tyre more on corners. Pretty sure that’s the exact opposite of what’s needed off road.

I suspect (but don’t ‘know’) that the ‘MOT’ kit has the TUV approval for road use and the RAC (race?) kit doesn’t. It’s always tricky when websites are translated, in this case from German to English.

Andy m

Where are you thinking an NC will go that needs more ground clearance? 

Save the hassle, ignore the fashion charlies, spend the money on petrol and tyres and just do it. I just posted a video of my Royal Enfield off road. I did Moroccan pistes and Alpine gravel trails on a  Triumph Bonneville.  A taller bike is higher C of G and harder to pick up. If it was as light as a CRF250, there are places you can get where changes of angle do need more ground clearance, but it isn't.

Andy

• Like 2
Guest MotiAlfia

THX Andy
well..actually you are right about the "fashion charlies"
i already did some trails and didn't really needed more height,  but the looks:wub:

1 minute ago, MotiAlfia said:

THX Andy
well..actually you are right about the "fashion charlies"
i already did some trails and didn't really needed more height,  but the looks:wub:

Well, at least that’s honest! :D 

I, very much, agree with Andy. Never mind the ‘looks’ - just get on with it. :) 

Guest MotiAlfia

THX guys 
it seems that i'm ready for light trails, for the hard ones i need another bike. 

my wife will be happy..more money stays in the bank :D

Slowboy

What Andy and Tex said. The NC makes a very good trail bike with the simple addition of the right tyres and a realistic outlook about what you tackle. No it can't go where a lightweight traillie will, but it can go most places. TKC 80 tyres help, so would a pair of K60 Scouts.

Here is a random example;-

Slowboy

(Latterly a CRF fashion Charlie)😂

Edited by slowboy
Spelling edit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On the subject of fashion, my grandfather used to say that if p!sspots were fashionable, women would wear them on their head. Now, needless to say, I do not subscribe to such sexist, misogynist comments, but he did have a point about the lengths that people will go to to be trendy. Thankfully, the NC is certainly no p!sspot.