would not go into 'Drive' this morning

rjp996

Bit of an odd one this morning, got the bike out of the garage into the freezing cold, started it up and thought would let it settle down / worm up a bit before verterign down the icy brick drive, and the bike would not go into drive (DCT).

Turned bike on / off, lowered and re raised the stand a couple of times and no joy...

Turned off a 3rd time and raised / lowered / raised the stand and it went into drive.

Im thinking the issue may have been the switch on the stand that stops you engaging drive when it s down (a very very useful function, as ive forgotten a few times to raise the stand.....).

I had noticed that the after these past few weeks the stand is starting to crud up again (as it does in winter), but im thinking I may have a job to do this weekend, as my feeling is the issue is the stand switch ??

• Like 1

Should add that the 'bar' that appears in the gear selection window had gone / was blank, so points I think to the stand switch as opposed the the engine having high revs in the cold or any other issue.

• Like 1
trisaki

With a torch you can see the connector block up under the sidepanel  if you  follow the wires gave mine a good  soaking the other day with gt85 works a treat now 

• Thanks 2
Defender

I've noticed that the side stand on mine has got a little harder to lower of late, so I when I give that a spray with some suitable lubricant I'll spray that there connector too.