Indicator wires

Coval

According to the wiring chart,  front indicators use two wires Green (-) and Blue/Orange (+)

I have recently purchased a pair of replacements but they have an additional wire marked with a white strip.

Can anyone tell me what it's for?

DaveM59

Standard OEM Honda for normal bulbs or LEDs from an aftermarket supplier of pattern parts?

Could be an additional feed for LED DRL's, feed back to the ECU for self cancelling, output for feeding a sounder of some sort?

Do they function as normal with this wire disconnected? If so you can use a meter and see if there is any voltage from it or if it's grounded.

They are pattern replacements for ordinary amber bulbs, look identical except for the third wire.

Checked them yesterday, when 12V is applied to the third wire, the bulb lights up but not as bright.

Could be for the US market where indicators lamps are sometimes used as DRLs in effect, rather like the old "dim-dip" headlight option we had here some years ago.. It's illegal to use orange indicators as running lights in the UK.

Ha, you could be right embee. It lights up dimly in DRL mode but brighter when indicator is turned on. Wonder if they are compatible with the UK plug ?

1 minute ago, New said:

I beg to differ. And so would Honda.

Perhaps, but personally I wouldn't want to 

I'm sure the Crossderesser has it's indicators on all the time,i think when one side has the indicator in flash mode the other side goes off while the

flasher is doing it's stuff...  ( front anyway as i asked the owner about them being on ) This was last year about July.

Rocker66

Years ago I had a GL1100 fitted with Vetter equipment so it had the front indicators as running lights. Never had any problems with that set up.