Fuel Filter - is there one

rjp996

Was getting the bits together to give my Bike a service and noticed that the service schedule never mentions a fuel filter to change. Does the NC have a filter ???

There is but its part of the fuel pump, so unless you take the fuel pump out of the tank you can't access it.

Ah - thanks. I had better not put to much dirty petrol in the ;-)

second question - I just did the oil change and replaced the DCT clutch filter - however the manual has no specific torque spec for the cover bolts. The general section suggests 27nm for an 8mm flange Bolt but seems very high ?

trisaki

About 10 nm would be closer I would have thought  gently does it  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The bolt size refers to the THREAD diameter, not the head size. Pretty sure those bolts are M6 with a small hex flanged head (8mm hex), so nominally 10Nm as Trisaki says. Unless you have a very good quality torque wrench I wouldn't trust one to do 10Nm, do it by feel. It's a metal to metal joint with an O-ring seal, once you feel the bolts get tight then just a slight additional nip, there won't be any noticeable "give" in the joint (compliance) so needs very little additional angle on the fastener once nipped up.

• Like 1

Also have in mind that those threads may get oiled and that will multiply the torque applied. Lesson learned the hard way...

Just follow Trisaki’s & Murray’s advice. There’s no need for anything more in THAT case. The whole job is done by the O-Ring here.

• Like 1