Service Schedule...questions answered...

alhendo1

alhendo1

Evening folks...I thought I'd post up this email response from Honda which kind of clarifies whether you need your Honda serviced at an approved Honda dealership to keep your warranty intact.. (seems you don't) and how far over your last service date you can go without invalidating said warranty...

My initial questions are missing as they were populated on a Honda email form but consisted of.

1. How far over the last service can you go without invalidating your warranty..

2. Do I have to have the bike serviced at a Honda dealer

The responses are in arrears as its a rolling email so you will have to read from the bottom up

Sorry if this is old news but thought I'd post up anyway.

Dear Mr. Henderson,

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate your comment, and do understand that there are indeed cases which might prevent the timely execution of the services.

As advised we would not have an official grace period that will be listed in your documentation, however anything up to 500 miles and 2 months would be deemed as acceptable in terms of maintenance by our technical consultants.

We would also recommend the “planning ahead” approach, if we can present it that way, where you can start preparing for your annual service at least a month in advanced – that way you may keep a track of available appointments with your dealership and arrange things as convenient as possible.

We hope that the information provided would be of help to you.

Thank you for contacting Honda UK. If we can be of any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Kind Regards,

Nikol Dotzkova 

Honda Customer Service

Honda Motor Europe Ltd.

Honda UK

Call 0845 200 8000

www.honda.co.uk

If you have any further questions or feedback please complete our feedback form @ www.honda.co.uk or call our Honda (UK) Contact Centre on 0845 200 8000. Option 2.

------------------- Original Message -------------------

Received: 24/04/2018 19:23

To: HONDA UK Info

Subject: Re: CAS-565085:Honda UK Honda NC750X Service requirements CRM:0385002318

Thanks for the reply. My motorcycle last received its 600 mile check/service at an approved Honda dealer on 31/5/17.....what I am reading from your email is that there would appear to be no "period of grace" ie...if it was serviced later than that date then my warranty would be invalidated??

Just to be clear I'll use my Hyundai car as an example. ...Hyundai allow a 600 mile or 30 day "period of grace" from last service on my model which allows your warranty to still be valid.

So that I'm clear, can you confirm if Honda has anything like this in place incase of unforseen cancellations or rearrangements to services booked or similar such circumstances where perhaps the dealership may not have a suitable date available until later....or am I at the discretion of Honda and the dealership.

Regards. Alan.

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Tuesday 24 April 16:55

Subject: CAS-565085:Honda UK Honda NC750X Service requirements CRM:0385002318

To: Alan Henderson

Dear Mr. Henderson,

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

With regards to your enquiries we may start off by advising that the details you can find in the owner’s manual or the service booklet, when it comes to maintenance and servicing, are the minimum requirements that are recommended by Honda.

We do give exact periods for each service interval (listed in the service booklet of the model) and have no information on possible overdue periods.

Please do check your service booklet for further information on your individual model and how to approach the services. Also, our technicians would be happy to guide you through the schedule for your Honda NC750X, and advise on what is best for the vehicle.

What we can provide is a general guidance as shown in the Owner’s manual of the models. Please find attached pictures in this e-mail. According to this information, each routine service should be done every 12 months or 8000 miles (whichever comes first).

Also, when it comes to servicing the vehicle, naturally we would always recommend the expertise of our authorised Honda dealers. That way we can guarantee that the service provided is up to Honda approved standards, all replacement parts will be Honda genuine ones and that the vehicle will be taken care of in the best way possible.

However, this is not a mandatory approach that you can take. If you decide to go with an alternative dealership, you might want to consider the following things:

· To keep records of all the receipts/invoices and documentation given at each service

· To make sure that all parts used, are Honda genuine ones

· To work with trained technicians, who are familiar with the Honda service standards

· Should an issue occur as a result of any service/repair done by an independent garage, the part/unit/system affected will invalidate the warranty on that same component.  

Lastly, as a recommendation you may further discuss all specifications of your services with your servicing Honda dealership, so they can set the minimum requirements for your model.

Thank you for contacting Honda UK. If we can be of any additional help, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Kind Regards,

Nikol Dotzkova

Honda Customer Service

Honda Motor Europe Ltd.

Honda UK

Call 0845 200 8000

www.honda.co.uk

If you have any further questions or feedback please complete our feedback form @ www.honda.co.uk or call our Honda (UK) Contact Centre on 0845 200 8000. Option 2.

Thanks for posting those, matey. Honda’s attitude seems entirely fair, to me anyway. 

• Like 3
alhendo1
20 hours ago, Tex said:

Thanks for posting those, matey. Honda’s attitude seems entirely fair, to me anyway. 

Yes I'd agree....500 miles/2months seems fair enough to me.