ACF 50 and others

Spindizzy

trisaki

I keep in stock  xcp products  including  rust blocker - will cover my nc700x before  heading  to Scotland  next month  

outrunner
1 hour ago, trisaki said:

I keep in stock  xcp products  including  rust blocker - will cover my nc700x before  heading  to Scotland  next month  

Where in Scotland are you going? might be better covering it (and yourself) in midge repellent. ;)

Andy.

• Haha 1
gonzo

Toured scotland last summer in the car, loved it !apart from the" midges" they were awful. the west coast coast was the worst.and on mull.   I got eaten alive, even with the sprays they sell in petrol stations at £6 a pop.I was told you could buy a croft for £10,000 ,! dont know how crofters used to live up there,(and in a kilt  :blink:) the east coast was not as bad, and by the time we got to edinburgh it was fine , Came back to the west country with 27 bites on my face and neck that lasted 3 weeks, and that was me wearing a neck tube and a bobble hat , two weeks time were off to corfu ! hopefully no beastys over there,.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have a great time in Corfu, Graham! Don’t forget your sunscreen. :) 

• Like 1
trisaki
5 hours ago, gonzo said:

Toured scotland last summer in the car, loved it !apart from the" midges" they were awful. the west coast coast was the worst.and on mull.   I got eaten alive, even with the sprays they sell in petrol stations at £6 a pop.I was told you could buy a croft for £10,000 ,! dont know how crofters used to live up there,(and in a kilt  :blink:) the east coast was not as bad, and by the time we got to edinburgh it was fine , Came back to the west country with 27 bites on my face and neck that lasted 3 weeks, and that was me wearing a neck tube and a bobble hat , two weeks time were off to corfu ! hopefully no beastys over there,.

What time of year was that 

gonzo
5 hours ago, trisaki said:

What time of year was that 

Mark, last two weeks july, 2017  weather wasn't to bad, but glad we took the car ,

neojynx

Makes you wonder who to believe and under what conditions the tests are really done.

http://f2mcltd.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/xcp-rust-blocker-v-acf50-testing-and.html

I ACF my bike every weekend after its weekly clean.  20,000 miles on the clock and ridden throughout winter, my bike still looks like new.  

ScooterCommuter

I was put off xcp because of its 'stickiness' but might give it a go sometime. Happy with acf50 so far though.  

trisaki
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Mark, last two weeks july, 2017  weather wasn't to bad, but glad we took the car ,

I'm doing lands end to jog late may  expecting the worst  so can only be better  , right  ! 

• Like 1
Mike5100

My results were similar to the conclusions in the blog that said ACF50 was better than XCP.  I had high hopes for the XCP but from what I could tell it was gone in no time 

Mike

If you go to 'Bike Social' they have a very good in depth test on all the main rust inhibitors spanning a 6 month period on bits of metal regularly  sprayed with salt and water,best test I have come across so far.