ACF50 on an Integra

Guest James Russell

Guest James Russell

Hello All,

I have never applied anything like ACF50 onto my bike. Am I a moron for not doing this?

With the Integra, this really isn't going to be the easiest thing to do with all the panels? So is it worth it?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

James

Andy m

If you ride in winter yes. The panels just trap the grime then hide the corrosion. Once you've got the gloop under the panels it should stay there better than on a naked bike.

Its a sad state of affairs. The day I ordered the CB I ordered the hugger and mudguard extension, checked I had enough ACF50 to give it a spray and went rummaging in the garage to find the mirror extenders. All because of ****y race fashion designs and MCN and the like playing top trumps with the spec sheet numbers.

Andy 

• Like 1
Tex

James, I agree with Andy. It's well worth stripping the plastic off, giving it a damn good clean (you'll be amazed how filthy it is under there) and spraying exposed surfaces/components with ACF50 or similar. It really will help keep the rot at bay. RJP had his rear shock rot and (literally) fall apart. A good dose of rust proofer would have prevented that. Richard has a somewhat 'fatalistic' attitude to commuting by bike in all weathers. He knows the salt will take a heavy toll and just replaces stuff as necessary.

Guest James Russell

Partly the reason I have started to think about this is because I had the rear wheel off the other week. Noticed the shock and how grubby it was looking. I commute most of the year round. Although I won't start my journey to work if it is belting it down with rain. But the bike sure does get used and abused.

I will have a look at how to remove the plastic. See if I can get it all cleaned off and sprayed up. Then look to do it again before the winter.

Thanks for the advice!

Croydonscooter

For my Integra I use a wax protection spray from Toolstation code 40925 for a 400ml can £3.48!   I use it on the centre and side stand which seem to suffer from corrosion unless treated with something.  

makman

I use ACF50 and also have a pot of the ACF50 grease for hard wearing areas as well.  Works for me and the bike does "wear" better as a result. Need a bike cover though as I park under a tree and the sap is starting to drip again...

• Sigh 1