Movement in instrument cluster - normal?

Guest NC Rider NL

Guest NC Rider NL

Hi forum,

I apologise this is my first post, luckily my NC750S 2017 has been behaving well since buying it. I have owned a 700 since 2013 and upgraded to a 750 last year, and think the NC range is just fantastic.

For some odd reason i noticed today that the instrument cluster/computer is quite loose, i can move it a few mm's up and down, left and right. My gut instinct is telling me this is not normal, most things on motorbikes are bolted down tight for obvious reasons. Before going to the shop I wondered if this is normal? Is there a reason why there is some movement?

I revently had some Acerbis handlebar covers fitted with LEDs (very pleased btw) but wondering if the mechanic loosened anything there when running the cables.

Any advice appreciated, and of course if you want any photos of my bike (and accessories) and happy to share.

Tom

Spindizzy
5 minutes ago, NC Rider NL said:

Hi forum,

I apologise this is my first post, luckily my NC750S 2017 has been behaving well since buying it. I have owned a 700 since 2013 and upgraded to a 750 last year, and think the NC range is just fantastic.

For some odd reason i noticed today that the instrument cluster/computer is quite loose, i can move it a few mm's up and down, left and right. My gut instinct is telling me this is not normal, most things on motorbikes are bolted down tight for obvious reasons. Before going to the shop I wondered if this is normal? Is there a reason why there is some movement?

I revently had some Acerbis handlebar covers fitted with LEDs (very pleased btw) but wondering if the mechanic loosened anything there when running the cables.

Any advice appreciated, and of course if you want any photos of my bike (and accessories) and happy to share.

Tom

Just checked my 2018 NCS. Cluster has a bit of  a wobble and nobody has touched it. Honestly I reckon its normal.

Mr Toad

If you look through the screen at the back of the cluster the mounting screws pas through rubber grommets. These are there to protect the cluster by absorbing shock and vibration. 

My cluster can also be moved a little and this is normal. 

• Like 1
Bart Stilgo

Just add this to the list of other bits and pieces that wobble or move slightly :ike:

• Sigh 1
Trumpet

The rear light almost feels like it will fall out compared to the instrument cluster :lol:

Guest NC Rider NL

Ha ha, thanks guys, panic over then. Yes my rear light feels really loose too. 

By the way have you seen the plastic screen covers you can get for the instrument panel? I have one, is a bit of a faf getting in on straight but definately useful for protecting the screen. Mine has a few bubbles on the edges but i can live with it. The plastic on the panel is very soft and can even be scratched while cleaning. I learnt the hard way on my 700. You can get them from the cheap chinese websites like Aliexpress etc.

Thanks again,

Tom