NC750X Side stand switch enquiry

Guest jakeyboy2506

Guest jakeyboy2506

Can anyone help. I lowered my NC750X by 40mm but now the side stand is too long. If the side stand switch is removed to allow for an after market adjustable side stand, can the two wires be connected to bypass the switch?  Will this have any affect with the dct gear box selector switch or do I need to do something else?

Thanks in advance

Why buy aftermarket when you can buy the sidestand for the 750s?

• Like 1
Guest jakeyboy2506

Thanks Guys

The switch is damaged and will need replaced - will cutting off the old switch and joining the the two wires that that run into it let the bike go into gear and ride as normal?

embee

Yes it will, the systems will think the sidestand is up if the wires are joined. It will also allow you to engage gear and ride off with the stand down. :cry:

The switches themselves are common on a gazillion Honda models. The thing which varies is the wire length and any clips etc. You can find sidestand switches on the auction site for a few ££, try to guess how long the wires are and get something which looks about right (or longer preferably). It's easy to hide extra wire. At worst you can extend the wires (or shorten come to that), keep joins as near the plug as you can and cover with heat-shrink.

I'd go with the suggestions from others, either use an S/Integra sidestand or get the X one shortened. I'm sure someone could tell you what length it needs to be.

Edited by embee
  • 2 years later...
Rocker66
6 minutes ago, Davidogilvie said:

Id like to know where to get a side stand for 750s as its shorter than the x...my bike has been lowerd by 30mm.

Either look on line for a used one or if you want new any Honda dealer should be able  to supply one.

Davidogilvie
11 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Either look on line for a used one or if you want new any Honda dealer should be able  to supply one.

I have one on order but will take few days...was hoping to still get out on it until new one arrives.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Davidogilvie
On 03/09/2021 at 20:49, Davidogilvie said:

I have one on order but will take few days...was hoping to still get out on it until new one arrives.

Found out that the honda nc750x dct side stand assembly switch if broken or faulty...easy temporary fix...remove it completly from stand...cut it near switch and there is only 2 wires...cut enough to twist together...until your home or able to replace it...

24 minutes ago, Iain Cameron said:

Hi all - made is mistake, bought a NC750S stand for my full size NC750X

anybody interested in a swap?

Replied to the other post.

Davidogilvie
On 28/05/2019 at 23:36, jakeyboy2506 said:

Can anyone help. I lowered my NC750X by 40mm but now the side stand is too long. If the side stand switch is removed to allow for an after market adjustable side stand, can the two wires be connected to bypass the switch?  Will this have any affect with the dct gear box selector switch or do I need to do something else?

Thanks in advance

The side switch assy...can be removed..there are 2 wire that can be connected and wont affect the bike at all