first service done

funkymoped

funkymoped

as it says got my first 600 mile service out the way , an really  enjoying the bike. how ever £178 ,78 for a first service was a shocker. An that was with  some discount . think i need to shop around for the next one ,  

• Sad 2
outrunner

I think that is way over the top mate, I would look around before getting any more work done there.

Andy.

16 minutes ago, funkymoped said:

think i need to shop around for the next one

Or maybe not bother?

Suppose you have an annual service and keep the bike for another fours years, that's getting on for a grand. Keep £500 for yourself and knock £500 off the price which will make it so easy to shift and both sides feel good.

Have a look at the schedule in the handbook. Even with "no skills", many of those checks and lubing are easy so why pay £80/hour for a trainee to do that?

None of my bikes in forty years have been serviced unless it was a first service where I just paid for the oil/filter (so I did the NC, when did they start charging labour on the 600 mile?). Things I can't do or don't want to do get done as a specific jobs for a local bike shop.

funkymoped

down side being i have it on PCP. so has to be dealer serviced. but still think the price was excessive .

Rocker66
1 minute ago, funkymoped said:

down side being i have it on PCP. so has to be dealer serviced. but still think the price was excessive .

Care to name the dealer as that is excessive?

Price is bit shocking. Paid £51.50 for first Crossrunner service, which is bigger bike.

skorpion
1 hour ago, funkymoped said:

as it says got my first 600 mile service out the way , an really  enjoying the bike. how ever £178 ,78 for a first service was a shocker. An that was with  some discount . think i need to shop around for the next one ,  

I would query that price it seems to me you've been charged the for a 12 month service,  600 miles £99-130 Honda main dealer.

Edited by skorpion
trisaki
1 hour ago, funkymoped said:

Shame you are so far away from my wshop,  could have done it for  roughly half that and done  more work compared with the obligatory oil change and kicking of the tyres that dealer does or doesn't do , ask poppet ! 

funkymoped
5 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Care to name the dealer as that is excessive?

blade honda stratford. . an i was expecting £130 . maybe it was posh peeps prices being cotwolds .. but yeah i'll be ringing round for the next one.

• Like 1

Can I ask .Do you know how much time they took  for labour ?Was two hours for mine. I now do my own servicing as far as I can. You will get lots info and help on here how to do it . The PCP thing can be bit of a worry all depends if you want to keep the bike or hand it back . I kept mine . Nearly traded it in early summer for new model the dealer didn't look at service history at all and was giving me a good trade in price . 

16 hours ago, Eddie17 said:

the dealer didn't look at service history at all

Dealer didn't even see my bike. The couriers who delivered my NC had an arrangement, phoned their guy over in Bucks somewhere and I sold it over the phone. Money transferred while we waited and the couriers took my Er6 away in their van. TBH it was a bit of a shock as I had it all nice and clean, photos taken ready to go on that auction site, and I expected to have a last ride or two while it took a bit of time to sell - though summer would have been ending soon. But boy, was that convenient!

Only a dealer first 600 mile service in nine years so I reckon that was at least £1,200 saved - could have virtually given that bike away.

• Like 3
riders in the storm

I've self serviced cars & bikes for years including in warranty servicing. At part ex time I'm rarely even asked about service history, but the odd time I have been I explain that I've done it myself and got the records and receipts to demonstrate it and dealers have been happy.

I swapped our Audi yesterday for another car, dealer never asked at all about service history.

The biggest factor that affects your p/ex price is whether they want your business or not and the actual viewable physical condition of your bike/car/van.....

My NC is on a PCP but I'm self servicing. Based on it having dry weather use only, being polished for more hours than it is ridden and an annual mileage less than 2.5k I'm quite confident the dealer will want it back at the end of the PCP....

• Like 3
funkymoped
21 hours ago, Eddie17 said:

Can I ask .Do you know how much time they took  for labour ?Was two hours for mine. I now do my own servicing as far as I can. You will get lots info and help on here how to do it . The PCP thing can be bit of a worry all depends if you want to keep the bike or hand it back . I kept mine . Nearly traded it in early summer for new model the dealer didn't look at service history at all and was giving me a good trade in price . 

it says:- 1st service £92 then £56 in parts. as in two filters,(dct) drain washer, o'ring and oil.. plus £29.74 tax