additional lights

old commuter

old commuter

Going to get the local garage to fit additional lights for me. However a couple of questions for help out.

Which are the best additional lights to add to the front of the bike (I think they are called auxilliary LED's)

Do i have to have crash bars fitted to attach them to?

Cheers once again.

listener
15 hours ago, old commuter said:

Going to get the local garage to fit additional lights for me. However a couple of questions for help out.

Which are the best additional lights to add to the front of the bike (I think they are called auxilliary LED's)

Do i have to have crash bars fitted to attach them to?

Cheers once again.

Depends on what type of lights you're after.

Basic low power lights to help make you more conspicuous can cost anything from a fiver (that auction site/Amazon/Alibaba) to a few tenners (Halfords/BikeVis/etc).

They can generally be mounted anywhere - they may need a wee bit of DIY bracket making.

The more powerful lights to help augment the headlight cost more. The official Honda ones are something ridiculous like £700, Denali/Cree/etc are around £200 for a pair, BikeVis do ones at around £90 a pair, or take a chance on that auction site/Amazon/Alibaba for a few beer-tokens.

No you don't need to mount them to crash bars. You can get brackets that mount to the fork stanchions, ones that mount under the bike's nose (might be NC-X only) or you could DIY a set of brackets to mount off the radiator/handlebars/whatever.

PS: There are a few threads (including a current one) in the "Workshop/Accessories & Modifications/Electrical Items" part of this forum.

Edited by listener