NC750X c-spanner size...

maltpress

Hi - I've just fitted a top box to my NC750x and thought it would be a good time to take a look at adjusting the preload. Turns out it's not been done in a long long time, and when it was, the previous owner seems to have rounded off the tip of the supplier c-spanner so it just keeps slipping off with any force applied.

To save me smashing my wrist on the pillion pegs any more (by god it hurts when that happens!) I want to get a decent new one. Any idea what size I need to be looking for?

trisaki

You must have a post 16plate nc,  pre 16 you didn't get a c-spanner , so yours is the step type adjuster , not sure of actual size but it is the common one that most bikes use if that helps, will have a look in my toolbox when at the wshop tomorrow to see if any have a size printed on 

Edited by trisaki
  • Thanks 1
outrunner

Probably got one in my tool kit which will never be used as I fitted a Hagon shock to my 2016X, if you struggle to find one I will send it to you as long as you donate a little something to Ted towards the forum upkeep.

Andy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
trisaki
31 minutes ago, outrunner said:

Probably got one in my tool kit which will never be used as I fitted a Hagon shock to my 2016X, if you struggle to find one I will send it to you as long as you donate a little something to Ted towards the forum upkeep.

Andy.

Very nice gesture 

If you do need to get a new one, I'd suggest going for the hinged type. There are un-named ones dirt cheap on the auction site, or you can pay a bit more for something branded, your choice. I'd always err on the side of going for a brand, but YMMV.

An example is auction site item no. 292377905282 , BUT I'm not sure what size you need. I've picked up used ones off the auction site before now, you can often get very good branded old tools at very good prices, much better than obscure stuff from the orient.