Won't change gear, then won't start

Coatesy

Hello, I am new to this forum & relatively new to biking. I have a 15 reg 750NCX & for two happy & confident years no problems. But in the last 3 weeks it has, either failed to change up or down gears on 5 occasions. Twice when approaching a busy bypass roundabout, leaving me to coast round it (2 weeks apart). I have read the posts about turning the engine off, turning the back wheel, & you'll hear the gears clunk down. The first 3x it happened, I did this & with 1-2 mins I was back off on the bike. The forth time it took about 10mins to rectify & tonight it took 25 mins & a lot of pushing, shaking & general moving of the bike. The last two times, the bike has been stuck in 6th gear. I commute on my bike every day, but losing a bit of faith.

Can anyone help please?

sandalfarm

Not having  an auto don't know if it affects the gear change  but is the chain the correct  tension? 

Andy m

You are due a new battery. Might not be the exact problem but is going to be near the top of the list for anyone looking at this. 

Andy

• Like 2
kayz1

I would go with what Andy said, check  the battery and renew ..top of the list..